Is President Trump going to call the border an national emergency?

Tonight at 9 Eastern time zone.Is President Trump going to call the border an national emergency?
  • Because of the border of thousands of undocumented immigrants?
    Vote A
  • We have an immigrants policy let them use that.
    Vote B
  • We need to stop the drugs, gangs and human trafficking.
    Vote C
  • Who cares anymore.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I thank the Caravans is a big part of this.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He may call it a National Emergency, but it isn't one. There's no particular crisis at the border at this time.

It is not illegal for Mexicans to come to the US for visits. They just can't live and work here without proper authorization.

It IS legal for people to come to the US to seek asylum, and we already have a process for dealing with that.

Most people who end up staying and working in the US illegally got here by plane, by legal means. They simply overstayed their visas.

The "border crisis" is pretty much fake news.

What WILL work to prevent illegal immigration? Going after employers who hire them. But we stopped doing that on a large scale in the 1980s, because those wealthy businesses who make their money on the backs of illegal immigrants complained too much.

The truth is, our economy depends on a certain amount of labor who will work for slave wages and won't seek help for abuses they suffer because they are afraid of getting deported.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Even if he does, it just a ploy to force negotiations. a properly interpreted 14th Amendment. "Subject to the jurisdiction thereof" to the author and those who ratified it meant "not subject of another jurisdiction" and was specifically intended to exclude aliens from birthing automatic citizens. That would mean no more anchor babies. Here is a copy of the discussion made in the Senate that shows the clear intent.

0|2
    1|0
    • Good gor you

• Far too many people ignore the intent of the authors of the constitution, bill of rights, and subsequent amendments.

• Trump is just trying to get reelected so he will say anything. . It is only an issue for him for his idiot supporters. His own Trump National Gold Course in New Jersey is being investigated by attorney general for making fake documents and hiring illegals.

3|3
    1|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• We have to do something to protect our borders. Build the wall

0|6
    4|2
    • Agree the Dems only got a sound bite. Open the government up now

• Show All
    • New Orleans. He turned down a job with homeland security.

• @hhues so why do you guys think the wall is bad aside from —> it does have a benefit cause it will stop some people but it’s not worth 5 billion because it won’t stop 100% of illegals. Including the fact that they are good people in there so they should allow it

That’s not a good enough argument though

• he's ridiculous no matter what he does. The entire shutdown has been a waste of money and a total disaster for those that can't afford regular lives.

0|6
    1|5
    • It saved money fool. Let me explain it to you since apparently you are slow in the head. If the Govt. shuts down they don't use money , it saves money. . Apparently we don't need these people anyway to function so lay them off and save even more money. They should really teach finances in college. Apparently they don't.

• When my mom and younger siblings can't eat next month, tell me about how great this is.

• You will just use your EBT card as always

• He's only doing this so he can get re elected in 2020 so I doubt it'll be declared an emergency

0|2
    0|0
  • how would i know? in Ireland we dont have these issues

0|0
    0|0
  • Loved the last option
    Who the hell cares?

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes it's about time.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Even if he did it doesn't allow him to spend 5.6 billion to build it. He is only permitted about 20 million to use in a state of emergency. At least as far I'm aware.

And he probably couldn't do it off this anyway. Though even if he did get it approved as such an emergency, he wouldn't have the funds available to him to allow the wall to be built.

3|1
    0|0
  • well the reality is... Trump promised the wall... and he knows he must deliver and many are pushing him to not back down... because the dems will want to bash trump in 2020 telling everyone how he couldn't get the wall up...

BUT if he gets the wall up... he just gained like 50% of the voters on his side again... he will win again for sure if the wall goes up

1|3
    1|0
    • Almost everyone I know who voted for trump realizes they made a mistake. I dont think building this ridiculous wall will help him out much. Only those stupid enough to have stayed with trump for this long will appreciate it.

I'm not even a Democrat, so you can't use that against me. I think trump is better off in business, where he actually had an idea of what was right to do. This country isn't a business, he's doing terribly. I'm just glad we've lasted this long, I'm patiently awaiting the day trump is out of office, even if it means a Democrat is in.

• Show All
    • @hhues I don’t get what you mean by misdiagnoses the problem. Where are you getting that from? What has he misdiagnosed?

And again how is a wall a bad thing

You keep saying the same things but not answering the question
      How is a wall a bad thing?

• @hhues actually this country is legally deemed a corporation ( corporate entity ) as are most if not all countries. He also donates his whole presidential salary except for 1$ because you cannot deny pay, while simultaneously giving ownership of his businesses to his children because its illegal to run any business while in the position of presidency due to conflict of issue laws. And while you are entitled to your opinion you should know the facts for the next time, considering there is no "padding of his wallet".

• I believe that he is big enough of an idiot and reckless enough to do so.

If there's one thing constant that I've picked up on is that he has a big ego and he'll do things to make it even higher. He's probably doing this to rile up his support base.

1|1
    0|1
  • From the outside of the country this looks like the most ridiculous government it could have been in any oligarchy. I am glad I am not amongst this people for it would be a shame.

1|5
    1|2
    • I agree whole heartedly. I am not proud to be an American, at least not while he's in office. I had plans of joining the navy, but once he was elected I put that on hold. I refuse to fight for a country that puts Trump in office.

• Show All
    • Laying low til then

• @hhues suck it up... Trump will win again

• Much like the weather forecasters, there are loads of people forecasting what is going to happen using all sorts of tools and analysis.

And just like the weather we'll find out when it happens, and for forecasters will be explaining why they were wrong and how the weather will be tomorrow.

0|2
    0|0
  • Maybe but I say max 5 days and he will say the opposite, like he does it every time

And dont forget, before voting he will lie himself out of the shit he made all the time and will say others did that, probably democrats...

0|0
    0|0
  • $10 billion dollars and national emergency. All to protect yourself from poor people. Genius. 👍👍

2|3
    0|2
  • He will if he has to, The democrats will get their liberal federal judges to stop him, then Supreme Court will back Trump.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was pretty sure he wasn't. Because if he says it is a national emergency, he would have to re-open the government.

Its like at this point, his lies are actually fighting against each other.

I think he is just trying to figure out what would be the biggest bang for the buck. He still thinks the shutdown is going in his favor. Or at least will start going in his favor at some point. When he loses that impression, he will declare a national emergency. Everything will then be stuck in Federal court. But at least the government will return to operation.

0|0
    1|0
  • I would rather bring gengis Khan back from hell and put him in Trump's place

0|1
    0|0
  • something big is gonna happen

0|1
    0|0
  • He won't

0|0
    0|0
  • just like he himself is, it was a nothing burger, there's is NO NATIONAL SECURITY PROBLEM AT THE BORDER

EXTREME RIGHTISTS ARE TRYING TO FEAR MONGER YOU, TO GET YOUR MONEY. STOP BELIEVING PRESIDENT SHITHEAD

0|2
    0|0
    • Are you nuts? You need to stop watching cnn

• Show All
    • @AngryNoctis no that was your mama

• @AngryNoctis you are a fine example of why Trump will get elected again. You disagree with a liberal they scream racism... typical

• Hope so he will have a hundred billion dollars to do it. Far more than needed.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes