Does Sears still have a chance at all, or is it over forever?

• They still have a prayer.
  • No way in hell.
  • What are you talking about?
    Vote C

619

Most Helpful Guys

• I think they missed their chance. If they had re-oriented towards their strong points, Craftsman Tools, Kenmore Appliances, and their Sears Home Services moving into smaller real estate and perhaps licensing those brands when their downturn first started, I believe Sears would have survived.

• They still have a prayer, but that's about all. In all reality, we should expect Sears to fold- in some manner, shape or form- in the next few years. Some think it was a miracle it held on as long as it did. Lampert's personal bid failed, so, there's not much hope left, barring some sort of strange Hail Mary. Sears failed to stick to its core competency, moved too slowly, and when they finally did, it was in the wrong direction, not far enough, or both. They missed the mark a long time ago and never changed to keep up with the times. The internet and e-commerce pulled customers from their brick-and-mortar locations, customers which a late foray into e-trade failed to regain. Going the way of Wieboldts and Wards, Sears may well likely be another casualty of poor business planning.

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn what happened to Sears? I never shopped there and haven't seen anything from them so I didn't know they were closing