If the Govt Shutdown continues much longer do you think Trump will try to gain absolute power?

Could it really be attempted? Or, would there be things in place to keep it from being so?

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guys

• Trump is used to having absolute power. The idea of having to compromise and work with others drives him absolutely crazy. He thinks that firing enough people will get him whatever he wants. He likes brinksmanship, and he'll probably push as far as he can go, but as he does that, he'll only end up having the support of his base, so everyone else will shut him down.

0|4
    0|1
  • Could it be attempted? Sure. And then a Secret Service agent will put a round in him, and the others will kill that agent. Like the Praetorian Guards. I think they draw straws, or something. Those guys are ridiculously patriotic, and loyal to the office, not the holder.

0|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Fortunately, we have a system of checks and balances. It can't happen.

0|3
    0|0
  • He won’t gain absolute power... but he can think that all he likes.

1|3
    0|1
  • I'm thinking Trump is trying to control America entirely. And not in a good way. :(

0|0
    0|0
    • You do realize though that Mexico and the rest of South America is not the United States right? So if he wanted to rule all of America then he would have to take over those countries as well.

• He can’t

There are checks and balances

1|3
    0|0
  • No he wouldn’t

0|3
    0|0
  • Not a chance

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 36

• He might declare an National Emergency but that is dangerous if he does so the Dems can have that for climate change

0|1
    0|0
  • No and it is only a partial shutdown... National Parks, updating an FCC License, some 'entitlements', and whatnot. It's a political game of chicken with Park Rangers missing a couple of pay cheques stuck in the middle. They will eventually still get paid. It isn't like our income tax rate goes down during a shutdown due to certain services becoming unavailable -thought that would be nice.

The sky isn't falling.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes he could take more power who knows I'm scared
    he is losing faith from Republicans who voted for him
    that is what my professional therapist told me today
    just heard in Pennsylvania the government lock-down
    will cost Seniors who live in the High-rise. So where
    are our Seniors suppose to move to. There is 90 year
    old people losing their housing. My dad will lose his
    housing from the High-rise. So if this takes place in
    Pennsylvania what's it going to do with other States?

0|2
    0|2
  • Elect a business man president

Watch as he runs the government into 3 financial based shutdowns in a single year (even if one of them did only last less than a single night)

0|1
    0|1
    • Also, no, he doesn't have that much respect or support from the American people in my opinion.

• No it actually can't happen as the military won't follow him. Speaking as former military here. When much of your armed forces think you are a fool it won't go well if you try for absolute power. I would be significantly more worried about one of our generals or more likely admirals trying it.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would never happen.
    And the Govt shutdown is him been a crybaby trying to get a wall built and if he cannot even do that nor the govt want to give him more funding for it then no way in hell.

The govt would aboustly destory him if he did try.

0|2
    0|1
  • I'm pretty sure that thought has passed through the heads of at least a handful of Presidents. And Trump even "half joked" about America having a President for life like the People's Republic of China, so if he does chances are he and his Administration will be gone quicker than you can yell "WHAT?"

0|1
    0|0
  • [ ABSOLUTE POWER ]
    That's it of course !
    That's what he's after. Is that what he's after?
    I don't know. I think he might still just be going for TV ratings.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not an American, but why just dont impeage that monkey? aren't president suposed to do best he can for his country, but now he's just screewing milion federal workers over some stupid wall. Give more funding to border guard not spend it on stupid things

0|0
    0|1
  • He knew he'd never get this wall. What we are currently dealing with is a political ploy for 2020. He can claim he did everything in his power to build the wall thus appeasing his base. The wall was never going to get built and he knew this.

0|0
    0|0
  • He would not try to gain absolute power oh, he would not be able to gain absolute power, and there are things in place to stop him from doing so

0|1
    0|0
  • There are protections in place to keep that from happening, but the Trumpeters don’t seem to think the law matters where he is concerned. And he hasn’t made any secret of the fact that absolute power is what he’s after

0|1
    0|2
  • Absolute power lies in the hands of people with the last names like Rockafeller and Rothchild and others Trump is nowhere close to controlling anything lol

0|1
    0|0
  • He can't. The system was built in a way that he can't.

0|3
    0|0
  • Who knows but the military would not support him so there’s zero possibility of him doing it

0|1
    0|0
  • Without a revolutionary war again on this country odds r not likely

0|2
    0|0
  • I think he is trying to get as close to absolute control as your legislation allows for
    I don't think he going to go too far beyond that though

0|0
    0|0
  • Trump should be leader for life and kill off all soy drinking snowflake liberal democrats.

0|0
    0|0
  • Trump's interest is in a Constitutional Republic, not a Communist Dictatorship

0|1
    0|0
  • Exactly how would he gain absolute power?

Even if he declared an emergency, it is under the authority granted by law for him to do so. He would sign an executive order to get the wall built. Using executive order is how Obama passed DACA.

Even if he did this the other two branches of government will continue to exist and you know damn well that the Democratics will immediately run to the courts to try and stop the executive order.

Since day one people have been hyping the fear that Trump is planning on being a dictator, but there is not one executive branch action taken that is outside the bounds of current permissible law.

0|1
    0|0
  • He’s wanting to get that wall built and stop illegal immigration.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh well. Fuk the government and the employees of them let them suffer

0|1
    0|1
    • Those ar the same employees that protect the rights that allow you to have an opinion and this site to exist. Just saying...

• And before you say I can have an opinion anyway even without them. Yes yes you can but will you be allowed to express it (without the military to protect your rights) or even have the education to know better without teachers. Some of whom are government employees. Or get paid (federal reserve)

• I was in the military, they dont give a fuck about protecting freedom. They just care about getting paid! Money money wait for it money!

• Doesn't trump have enough money in his own bank to build this wall?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, but the are legal reasons why he can't use that money to build the wall. I think the same applies to the GoFundMe effort.

• Show All
    • Trump doesn’t personally have anywhere near enough money.

• It's simply not possible for him to gain absolute power.

0|0
    0|0
  • I studied constitutional law. Not possible.

1|4
    0|0
  • of course but you know what will happen

0|1
    0|0
  • Not sure, but if he could he would.

0|1
    0|1
  • Lmao. No

0|1
    0|0
  • he would probably try