No transgender servicemen and women - is that fair?

NicolaD
The United States Supreme Court has allowed President Donald Trump to enforce his policy of banning certain transgender people from the military.

The policy prohibits "transgender persons who require or have undergone gender transition" from serving.

The president announced on Twitter in 2017 that the country would no longer "accept or allow" transgender Americans to serve in the military, citing "tremendous medical costs and disruption".
1 y
Thank you for so many responses in such a short time unfortunately this has meant I’ve not been able (as I do normally) respond to each comment so forgive me.
I only posted this question as, in these days of political, religious, sexual, racial and gender correctness, it seems that it was a retrograde step in equality in the 21st century. That said, I have read each comment and diverse view but more than anything I’ve learned a lot from some with far more knowledge than me on this subject.
43
9