What do you think of this Indian guy, who's suing his parents for giving birth to him?

DevilsAdvocator
27-year-old millionaire Mumbai businessman, Raphael Samuel, is suing his parents for giving birth to him without his consent. According to him, it's wrong to bring children into the world because they then have to put up with lifelong suffering, insisting that "it was not our decision to be born. So as we didn't ask to be born, we should be paid for the rest of our lives to live".

In spite of his lawsuit, Mr Samuel claims he gets along very well with his parents. His mother, Kavita Karnad Samuel, stated "I must admire my son's temerity to want to take his parents to court knowing both of us are lawyers. And if Raphael could come up with a rational explanation as to how we could have sought his consent to be born, I will accept my fault."

Mr Samuel's belief is rooted in what he calls 'anti-natalism'- a philosophy that argues that life is so full of misery that people should stop procreating immediately. "There's no point to humanity. So many people are suffering. If humanity is extinct, Earth and animals would be happier. They'll certainly be better off. Also no human will then suffer. Human existence is totally pointless."

According to him, he "was a normal kid" before, at the age of 5, "One day I was very frustrated and I didn't want to go to school but my parents kept asking me to go. So I asked them: 'Why did you have me?' And my dad had no answer. I think if he'd been able to answer, maybe I wouldn't have thought this way."

"I'm not really doing this for publicity," he says, "but I do want the idea to go public. This simple idea that it's okay to not have a child. I wish I was not born. But it's not that I'm unhappy in my life. My life is good, but I'd rather not be here. You know it's like there's a nice room, but I don't want to be in that room," he explains.

So, what are your thoughts about this guy, and his lawsuit to get fiscal compensation for the injustice of having been born?
3
5