What do you think of ‘’egg boy’’?

https://youtu.be/75HXfiMNiXU
(egging video)

A teenager dubbed "egg boy" is being applauded by social media users around the world after cracking an egg on the head of an Australian politician who blamed Muslim immigration for the Christchurch terror attack.

The 17-year-old rose to fame after he was captured splatting the egg on Queensland senator Fraser Anning during a television interview, prompting a scuffle in which the youngster was twice punched and then restrained.What do you think of ‘’egg boy’’?What do you think of ‘’egg boy’’?

1442

Most Helpful Guys

• Trying to look at this objectively.

Removing the bigotry of the politician as a causal factor is easy, because the kid was on location with an egg, which means he was going to do it regardless of what the politician said. It was premeditated, as was the filming by eggboy.

I absolutely condemn the words from this grubby politician, in the same way I condemn all bigotry. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. The Extreme left in recent history has done and said worse.

I also condemn the actions of eggboy, (assault) Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. In Australia, it is legal to defend yourself, other persons and property (reasonable force).

What would you do if a stranger walked up to you and egged you?

Did the kid deserve to get snotted? Absolutely

The politician should be censured and removed from his position also. There is a big difference between having freedom of speech and hate speech.

• 7d

So who gets to decide what's "hate speech" and what isn't?

• 7d

@ZeussLightningBolt that my friend is exactly the problem of our time. There are so many ideaologies, and nearly all of them are divisive, intolerant, hateful and lend themselves to miss information and fanaticism or extremism. The results of this fanaticism is dangerous and cancerous to society.

The comments of this politician are extreme right, the man hating feminism extremists are extreme left. The other problem with ideaology of course is that it is firmly entrenched in society by either religion or politics. We are now at the point where removing it for the good of manki d is necessary but impossible.

Lessons of our past are never learned and and history keeps repeating. The war between religeons has been with the human race for thousands of years so... it is folly to think it will change any time soon.

The song "We didn't start the fire" holds a lot of milage. The real question is... how do collectively, we put it out?

• Yes, the boy's behaviour was disrespectful and his actions should not be encouraged, but the politician also was at fault: he should have been more intelligent and responsible with his rhetoric. A few years ago a Japanese girl came to visit my country to take part in the carnival festivities and was murdered, and all the
    Mayor of the capital city could say was that "women should watch what they wear in public". He was roundly criticised for his insensitivity and later resigned his post.

• 6d

You’re one of a few who understands it from both sides of the argument. The rest agree with the politician.
      Thanks for stating your opinion.

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it was a silly stunt he shouldn’t have done, but at the same time Annings reaction was over the top and his supported used excessive force in restraining the kid.
    Anning deserves to lose his job for the comments he’s made. He’s an abomination on our political system and has zero compassion for a situation that has sent an entire country into mourning.
    This is a situation I think very few people outside of New Zealand actually understand. New Zealand doesn’t have the racism or cultural divide most other places do, there is no us and them mentality - this attack IS on New Zealanders yet everyone else is being divisive including Anning. He can fuck right off

• He deserved it for spouting such bs just after something so tragic happened. Plus it was kinda hilarious too 😂