Science lovers! Thoughts on the first photograph of a real black hole? What do you all think will be the next big step in outer space research?

AlexBlack007
Congratulations and thanks to Dr. Katie Bouman and all the scientists she worked with who made this picture possible! I wish to meet great and hard working minds like them someday! Space research is the most interesting field to me in all of science so this is really exciting stuff for me. What do you all think?
This picture goes down in history as the first picture of a black hole

Dr. Katie Bouman when the image was being reconstructed

I honestly thought it would take another decade or so before humans would be able to photograph a black hole. I guess I underestimated our scientists! It makes me look forward to more amazing achievements in science that might happen a lot sooner than expected. :)
3
15