Uber is now rolling out "Quiet Mode" for people who don't want to talk to the driver?

ManOnFire
Heard this on the news and found it to be a little funny. Uber announced that they will be adding the new "Quiet Mode" feature for people to choose from when they get their ride, which means they can opt to not have the driver speak to them if they don't want. But the catch is you can only get this feature if you choose a ride with Uber Black which is more expensive.
Uber is now rolling out
I don't know why, but I get the feeling this was something finally put into effect because enough rich, whiny, spoiled females - and probably young and white - complained enough about it, that they don't want a driver "bothering them." And I could be wrong. To me, if you just don't want to talk to a driver, you just don't answer much when they say something. They'll get the message. Hell, even I did that in the past when I didn't really wanna talk. I just don't really feel like an added feature to put a muzzle on the driver is all that necessary.

What do you guys think of this new "Quiet Mode" feature?
11
18