I think the opposite sex could use an apology for ' X ' and a thank you for ' X '?

I don't know if this is going to work out, but I had an idea -
I feel bad for some of the things that people feel nowadays, when it comes to themselves and the opposite sex. Some of these might be self-imposed, or misunderstandings, but many of them must also be very legitimate frustrations and concerns.
Would anyone feel up to apologizing, and thanking, the opposite gender, on behalf of their gender?

I'll start...

I think men are owed an apology for ever being made to feel that they are not valued for more than being a provider - of income, of protection, of physical strength, of compliments, etc. You are appreciated. We do value you. We want you to feel that we want to be your friends, your lovers, your companions, your peers, your colleagues, and your cheerleaders, once again.
And we owe you an apology for ever being made to feel that you have to be the stronger one, that you cannot confide in us, your pain or your sadness. We should always be there for you in these times, and show nothing but compassion.
I think men are owed a thank you for all of your efforts - at work, at home, and for trying to please women when you do not always understand how to do that, but you still try.

I think women are owed an apology for ever being made to feel like their main value is as an object of sex and for the gratification of another.
I think women are owed a thank you for their tireless efforts of wearing many hats - often working outside the home, taking care of so many things inside the home, children, and all the little things that are just somehow done, but at times taken for granted.

I am writing this for both sexes, to give examples, but I don't mean for people to write it about themselves, nor what they THINK they should receive. Don't put words in each other's mouths, ok? It will be a better and more fruitful exercise if the words really come naturally, without any prompting.
19
5