Is It Cruel to Arrest a Gentleman After He Walked 300 Miles to Have Sex with a Pretend Teen?

supercutebutt
Walking and walking and walking...
Walking and walking and walking...
The Gentleman in question thought he was communicating with a 14-year-old girl online. After walking over 300 miles, instead of getting coitus, he got arrested :(.
I guess Im not getting sex :(
I guess I'm not getting sex :(
By Christina Maxouris, CNN
Updated 5:08 AM ET, Mon October 14, 2019

(CNN) A man walked from an Indianapolis suburb to Wisconsin -- a 351-mile journey -- to have sex with a person he believed was the 14-year-old girl he had been talking to on Facebook, prosecutors said.

Instead, 32-year-old Tommy Lee Jenkins had been talking to a Winnebago County Sheriff's deputy working with the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, a statement from the US Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Wisconsin said.
He is charged with using a computer to attempt to persuade, induce or entice a minor to engage in unlawful sexual activity, the office said, and faces 10 years to life in prison if convicted.

The law enforcement officer was posing as a girl named "Kylee" who lived in Neenah, Wisconsin, with her mother, the attorney's office said.

Jenkins accepted a friend request from Kylee's profile and soon began engaging in sexual conversations with her, asking her if she's had sex and requesting explicit pictures, a criminal complaint alleges.

In early October, Jenkins began asking the girl if she wanted him to come to Wisconsin. When she said yes, he later told her he had begun walking from Whitestown, Indiana, to where she was.

"I will tell you when i get to neenah 108 hours by walking," he said, according to the complaint.
Throughout his journey, Jenkins sent pictures of areas he passed, including photos of exit signs and selfies, the complaint said.

On October 10, he said he had made it to the state and that someone had bought him a bus ticket to get to the girl's town.

Authorities arrested Jenkins when he arrived, the attorney's office said.

Jenkins is scheduled to appear in federal court on October 23.
NO! He must be punished! Having sex with underage teens, real or fake, is wrong!
YES! So cruel! I admire the gentleman's discipline and dedication.
Hmmm, what he did isn't great but maybe the cops could have swapped out the 14-year-old for an 18-year-old, let him enjoy some sex, and warn the gentleman to be more careful in the future.
Vote C
GirlGuy
7 mo
Imagine if I fantasized about robbing a store and walked 351 miles to where I thought I'd find a store but there was no store there to rob. LOL. Would I have to go to jail? This is fucked up if you ask me. It's picking on socially awkward people for their crime of being lonely. Seems kinda cruel.
7 mo
My uncle went to school with a kid who grew up to get busted by one of these dirty stings. He was exonerated when it became evident he was badgered into agreeing to have sex with a 14-year-old fake girl. The one doing the badgering was a cop pretending to be the older sister & over the course of a few days, got him to FINALLY agree to have sex with both of them. He only was interested in the 19-year-old but the cop wouldn't stop until he finally caved. "U can't fuck me unless u fuck my sister!"
42
14