My fellow Americans: why are you hoarding toilet paper and hand sanitizer instead of stuff that actually prevents coronavirus?

John_Doesnt
Sometimes I'm ashamed to be an American and sometimes I'm REALLY ashamed to be American. After going to the grocery store I am really ashamed. All the toilet paper, paper towels and purel hand sanitizer was sold out. But the hand soap, fresh fruits with vitamin C and multi-vitamins were in full stock; you know, the stuff that will actually prevent the virus.
Seriously, what's with hoarding toilet paper? That does nothing except wipe your butt. You're not gonna need to wipe your butt extra because of the virus and wiping it more won't prevent the virus either, it's just gonna chaff your butt and make you bleed.
Anybody else feel ashamed to be American right now?
Why TP of all things?
Why TP of all things?
2
7