Mohammed Noor could be getting a reduced sentence. How is this justice?

RolandCuthbert
This is my fourth thread following this case. A couple of years ago, I posted about a Mohammed Noor. A Minnesota poiceman who killed a dual a woman while responding to a call in 2017.

Welll, the Minnesota Supreme court has vacated the third degree murder conviction. How can this be justice?

From what I can remember this is what has been alleged. Noor and his partner responded to a call of sexual assault. They arrived at the location. I think Ms. Damond was outside waiting for them and they passed her by. She ran to catch up with them and rapped on the squad car's driver side window. Noor's partner is the driver. Noor responded by drawing his revolver and shooting across his partner to the driver's side window to kill Ms. Damond.

At least they tried to save her life after Noor shot her. But this was beyond reckless. He responded with deadly force to a sound. He never identifies a target or a threat. He hears the "bang", draws and fires in the direction of the sound.

Minnesota defines third degree murder as;

Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

I think it is clear he did not mean to kill Justine Damon. But he recklessly used deadly force with no understanding of the threat. It could have been anything or anyone. Using your firearm shows the intention to kill. And he meant to kill whatever made that noise.

Frequently fruitcake GaG racists use this case to claim that some "Black" officers escaped justice. Noor was sentenced to 12 and half years originally which was partial justice. But now he may be out by the end of this year.

I wonder what Don Damon and his family will do now to try to find some justice for his fiancee.
0
2