#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Since Valentines Day is approaching what are your opinions on the holiday?

3125

Most Helpful Girl

• I love it. I always have, even before I started dating. I use it as an excuse to show my love and appreciation for family and friends in fun ways- it's not just about romance for me.

Many people think Valentine's day is just a Hallmark holiday that was invented to encourage consumerism. But it actually isn't. Long ago, a Roman emperor banned the marriage of soldiers because he believed it would cause them to fight more bravely. St. Valentine married soldiers in secret, and so became known as a friend to lovers. He was caught and imprisoned. While he was in prison, his supporters slipped notes to him, which is how the tradition of Valentine cards got started. He was executed on February 14th.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should exhibit the values you're reminded of with Valentine's day, but every day. Why do you need a day to put it all in?

Also I think most guys waste too much money on materialistic shit and expensive dinners when you could get the same or better reaction from something as simple as a shoulder rub/back rub and scratch.

when I was single and when I was dating, both I and my girl took cynical views of the holiday.

What Girls Said 30

• I'm a huge fan of any excuse to share your love for people - and it doesn't have to be just romantic love. I like to bring baked goods to my coworkers and send chocolates to my single friends.

• I mean, I will admit that as a single person I always said it was kind of pointless, the origins of the holiday don't really match up to the anatomically incorrect hearts and glitter, but it's still a cute and fun idea. I'm celebrating it simply because I never have before and it should be fun. Going to make the dude machine a steak dinner and see what happens from there.

• It makes single people more aware that they are 'alone' 😂

• I used to get superbummed and hated it because i have yet to have had a proper boyfriend to celebrate with... but then i realised that i actually have parents, grandparents, siblings, other relatives and friends that i love very much who'll be there for me no matter what.

• Its dumb, i dont care. In fact, i prefer not to do anything valentines night just so i can avoid all of the idiocy.

• I think it's a stupid "holiday" my fiance and i don't celebrate it, just another day. although I do celebrate the day after where candy is discounted 😂

• It's still quite far away in my opinion, but I prefer that it would be an usual day. Not going to plan anything special.

• I think that generally it sucks and is just another way to get money out of us but I'm probably going to give my partner a gift anyway, even though he doesn't celebrate it himself.

• I got a panic attack last year on Valentines day. Scared thr shit out of my sister's boyfriend. This year I want to celebrate by making a bunch of red food.

• I think it can be a nice holiday, but it is sad that for some couples, its the only day that they actually put effort into their relationship.

• Sit by myself :) With my popcorn :) and scary movie :) all :) alone :) 😂

• I like to celebrate Galentines day. Just hang out with my friends ❤️

• I don't do anything, won't get my partner anything and she won't get me anything as well.

• Can't be arsed about it. Just going to order some pizza and have some drinks at home 😆

• So tacking... Too many heart toys... Can't... Breath... Too... Many... Hearts... Xp

• It's just a day to celebrate that some people are in a relationship while others (like me) are going to be reminded that no one will ever love them..

• It's mostly just a holiday invented to make people spend more money.

• It does seem that way now, but that's actually not how it got started! There was a real St. Valentine who married lovers in secret at a time when marriage was banned. He was executed on February 14th.

• Oh right I heard about it. Well then let's say that it turned into a way to make people spend more money

• That is definitely true.

• Valentine isn't a holiday, I still have to go to school

• It's the day before my 1 month anniversary and I have my last basketball game on that day😍🔐💍❤️

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 24

• i don't subscribe to the commerical aspect of it. but i see valentines day as a day to just show people you love that you care for them and appreciate them

• Hey mad why does your name say you're an influencer?

• @catelyntje a title bestowed by the powers that be. the believe my comments on certain subjects helps to foster and influence positive conversation i guess

• Oh I see that's cool!

• I don't care for it if I have a date or not it doesn't bother me. I'll see if I can get laid if no success pizza and netflix

• i don't believe in celebrating love on a single day
    its a feeling that should be celebrated and cherished every second of ur life 😊

• it's another day where i get to beat myself up over not having Girlfriend

• Complete bullshit. I don't celebrate it, and I mock those who do.

• It's a made up holiday that makes guys feel awful if they don't spend enough and gives the girls ammo to tell us we suck. Hate that holiday.

• It never bothered me. There are some perks to the holiday, maxim did a study and found out women get extra wild at certain times of the year, one of those is right before valentines day. So if you are trying to get lucky or a girlfriend now is the time.
    Another fun thing to do is this, don't bring a lot of money with you and only go for a short time, go to a strip club on valentines day. It is the saddest and funniest thing ever, all these lonely old men come in and give strippers candy and flowers. If that doesn't make you feel better if you are alone on valentines day nothing will lol

• i don't give a damn about it... those type of holidays doesn't mean anything to me...

• Could not give less fucks. I am always and forever single

• I've never celebrated it so its just another day to me

• so Val doesn't uave to be toeardsa partner show ur friends and family you love them.

• I hate it it make all the single people look like shit

• I don't like it, I think it's a pointless "holiday".

• We need to do it the same like the ancient romans again.

• VIP strip club of course!

• its my birthday

• im buying for honor on the xb1😏

• Alone...

• Not a fan of it

• being single is a great feeling

• More from Guys
    4