Ladies, would you say yes to a date just because it's Valentines Day?

So ladies... lets be honest here? Would you say yes to a date on Valentines Day if you knew you were going to end up alone in your room eating ice cream watching "how to lose a guy in 10 days" ?

• YES... ITS ALL ABOUT THE FREE CANDY AND DINNER
  • NO... IF I DON'T LIKE HIM IN THAT WAY THAN I WOULD SAY NO
Select a gender to cast your vote:

4310

Most Helpful Girl

• I would only accept the date if I was interested in actually seeing the guy. I can have a good valentines day on my own. It's not the end of the world, I'll just read a book, listen to music, spend time with my friends, or watch a movie. Maybe have a spa day, do something for myself.

I wouldn't want to lead a guy on to believe that I liked him when I didn't. It would probably make him feel pretty crappy to think he only got used as an emergency Vday date. That seems like a cold thing to do in my opinion.

What Girls Said 42

• No, I'd rather stay home, stuff my face with wine and brownies, and watch sappy movies than go out with someone I'm not interested in. :)

• No, if I wasn't interested in a guy, I wouldn't agree to go on a date with him. I've actually never gone on a date on Valentine's Day, even being in relationships at the time. It's just never been a big deal to me.

• If he is willing to watch horror films with me, than yeah sure. If not it doesn't bother me when I was single it never bothered me that I was alone on Valentines day, I think it's because I don't care about it. I have a boyfriend and I still don't care about it and my boyfriend is going to enjoy some pizza, drinks and candy while watching horror films with me.

• If I could genuinely enjoy the other person's company and there would be zero expectations or alterieor motives then sure, I'd pay my half and make it more of a fun environment as opposed to romantic.

• No. I wouldn't lead a guy on like that. I'll only be flirty and go on a date if I'm truly interested in you. Not just because it's Valentine's Day and whatnot.

• No, because then I'd feel obligated to sleep with him.
    Honestly, Valentines Day isn't supposed to be a day for lovers. Look it up. It's all a bunch of crap marketing ploys. I don't "buy" into it. Actually, why should we only pick one day a year to show affection? There's no magic when it's expected. Why do I need an excuse to go buy my man something nice?
    I actually raided the Valentines isle at Walmart last week, bought a bunch of plush sock monkeys, and hid them all around the house for him that very day. He told me he used to collect them, but lost them all when he left his ex wife.
    Yeah, they have little Valentine's crap on them, but he was NOT expecting to come home to that! That made it much more special.

• Why would you feel obligated to have sex with someone, just because you went out on a date with them?

I certainly don't think a woman is obligated to have sex with me, if I took her out treated her to dinner a movie or some other kind of entertainment and a few drinks.

• @Hal2002 @hal2002 I am usually at a strip club... 2 for 1 LOL

• LOL, see you there.

• I would say no, way to much pressure for a first date. If I had known him for a while and found out there was a mutual interest than yes only way I'd accept a vday date as a singleton.

• I'm really not into spending time with guys I don't like for the most part (I did have a guy i turned down beg me to go to lunch just as friends, which I think worked out because he realized we would never work), but I may be in the minority.

• @whattothink what if some dude you were not into but he's a nice guy wanted to buy you dinner and shower you with candy on valentines day? Would you say YES or just blow him off?

• LOL thanks for your honesty... you rock!

• I would however explain to him it was only as friends (to avoid that awkward moment you realize you were just chilling with your buddy and then realize they think it's a date 😮)

• Considering the last time I had a valentine was 2006... clearly I don't get any offers at all, even if I wanted free meal.

• I would never play with someones feelings like that. It just feels wrong.

• I was going to say no until I read the "free dinner" part. Free ice cream trumps not free ice cream

• No, I need to know him a little first. I've seen guys have a new approach now to cold approaching. They ask you just a few questions and see if you want to answer or not. But they don't ask for your #. They always ask me if I work @ wherever, because I guess they're planning on other meetups.

• I'd be even less likely to accept a date on Valentine's day, just because it's Valentine's day. Having a first or second date on Valentine's day is too much pressure- it would feel awkward and forced. I'd rather schedule the date for another day.

• I'd only say yes if we were on the same page. I wouldn't go on a super romantic date with someone who clearly has strong feelings for me if I'm not interested. But, I would go on a laid back date with someone who just wanted something to do for Valentine's Day and/or is just looking to get to know me.

• If it was someone that I didn't have an opinion about, like I didn't know him at all but I had no reason to NOT go out with him, yes it would be really nice to have a date for Valentines Day.

I don't think that I have ever in my whole life had a date for Valentines Day. My ex-husband didn't "do" Valentine's Day which is one of the reasons he's my ex now.

• love is too complicated I love someone who probably loves someone else and that person loves someone else wtf and we all complain about being single I don't understand it? and we always never see the person who loves us until it's too late.

• @soosooboo2 I once dated a girl that I loved so much... we were watching a kevin constner movie and she said out loud.. why can't i find a guy like that? I was like WTF did she just say? Totally crushed me because I assumed she felt the same way I did and I was wrong. Make sure you judge the other ones feelings before assuming what you want them to be. I fucked up.

• @coachTanthony awww man that's awful!!

• No I wouldn't say yes, itdoesn't matter what day it is

• I would not. I'm perfectly capable of buying my own food, and I'm not wasting my time on any person I'm not interested in.

• I would never ruin my reputation thAt way.

• Provided I at least like him slightly I'd say yes. Mostly because I've never done Valentine's day properly

• Well, it depends on the person who asked me out on a date. But most probably, I'd say yes lol

• Nah, I'm not really into Valentines Day.
    There are only 2 people I'd say yes to going out on a date on... and either of those people asking me is impossible.

• maybe

• Nope. I got asked out twice last year on Valentines but still said no bc I don't care for valentines much.

But I don't hate on chocolate ngl.

• No. But the thought of someone desperate being even more desperate on that day is just sad...

• Im open to getting to know new people in general, but I don't care at all about valentines day.

• Only if I was interested in the guy.

• no, i would feel really weird being on a date with someone I have no intention of... well dating

• can always celebrate right after valentines and treat yourself to some half priced chocolate

• Noooo

• No either way. I'd be a jerk and assume he was lonely and looking for a hookup, but I'd ask him if he was available the following weekend.

• More from Girls
    12

What Guys Said 10

• if a girl asked me on February 13th, I'd say yes because screw your gender roles I'm desperate dammit

• Any straight women say no, and they are not telling the truth. No woman wants to be home alone on D-day, there are no ugly guys on V-day.

I know to many single women that send themselves flowers and other gifts on V-day, see how other women treat single girls Feb 14th if they don't get flowers at the job.

No one what to come work on the 15th, and say she was home alone the night before.

• No. Here is why. I been technically alone since 2010 since I went ways with my ex fiancee. We were together since 2002, but it was based on a lie. I rushed into things and I regret it. I didn't date anyone but she did (was long distance) I rather be alone and miserable than be with someone and miserable

• Its something Barney Stinson discovered, its called Desperation day - February 13th

• Do you actually believe these lying little girls? Instead of asking these children ask the gentleman if a lady has ever accepted their valentines date offer, only to never spoke to him again/say they aren't very interested. The results will be alarming.

• @projectbaby1k Why don't you ask the question on GAG... I don't work for you LOL

• There's so much truth in this lol

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c63077268a.jpg

• I wouldn't ask a gal out just for v-day. If it happened out that way (we were both busy except for that day) as a first date, then so be it.

• I think it depends if they want to or not

• All these girls saying no, they know damn well they would.

• I'm sure some would say yes just cause its valentines day but others might still say no if the guy didn't live up to there standards