What do you get your boyfriend for Valentine's Day when you're in a new relationship (1 month and a half)?

I met my boyfriend on a dating app in December, and we've recently made our relationship official to family and friends. Valentine's day is coming up, and I have no clue what you're supposed to get a guy you've just started dating (other than the obvious sexy/romantic stuff lol). He's 25 and REALLY into movies (both classic and new), nerdy stuff like comic books and Star Wars, Game of Thrones, and comic books. With so many interests, you'd think that what to get him would be a no brainer, but I think I might have TOO MANY options. haha This is my first V-Day with a partner in a long time, and I'm at a loss at what the gift giving etiquette even is. I'd really like some suggestions!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Something home made is sweet and sentimental without being too serious or too expensive. You want to strike a balance of being sweet and playful enough to make him feel special, without making a big deal out of anything.

You could make him cookies in the shape of characters from his favorite movies... like Star Wars. Yoda cookies? BB-8 cookies?

One year I painted my new boyfriend at the time a little handmade card with a heart made of square blocks, to look like a pixelated computer screen, and put "with every bit of my heart"... he was into computers and he loved it. He put it in a frame on his desk which made me feel great, too. It was such a small gift, silly and sweet... but that was the right tone for our new relationship at the time. I was so glad it worked out well!

I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect thing :)

What Guys Said 2

• Dunno, I avoid relationships of any sort around Christmas and Valentine's and her birthday so I don't have to buy them anything. I dump them ahead of time.

• Get him Civil War 2 comics. I'm sure he'll love it.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say just stick with something small and not too expensive. Edible things are always a safe bet. Chocolate, candy, baked goods, his favorite snack or drink, etc. But if you can think of something else that you know for certain he'd like (such as a comic book), go for it.

• I got nothing