#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

What's the purpose of Valentine's Day?

If you really care and love your friends, family or partner... then everyday is already Valentine's.

Surprising your girlfriend or boyfriend on Valentine's Day with gift or affection... well isn't that something you can do on any day as well too?

723

Most Helpful Guy

• St. Valentine used his position to help people get married that were not allowed to. He was killed for it. It celebrates love. The English made it the way it is now with flowers and candy. Every day should be Valentine's day though. Love is a precious thing.

• Exactly... every day I'm in my relationship since the day we started dating is special to me... even busy, working days.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people in long term relationships aren't having fancy dinners, dressing in heart covered lingerie, and buying gifts every day. It's no different than Christmas; yes, you can buy people gifts every day of the year, but you don't due to practicality and because it's not necessary. Most people show love and affection through words and doing the dishes. Valentine's Day is just an excuse to go over-the-top and spoil your lover, like a couple's Christmas.

What Guys Said 22

• It's Russian communism propaganda. That's why everything is red.

#nowyouknow

m5.paperblog.com/.../...ay-in-russia-L-AMnA5q.jpeg

• Most people don't have the time or money to do something elaborately special every day.

• Not every day but it can be done once in a while because you love that person and not because of a specific day reminding you.

Every now and then, my boyfriend and I surprised each other.

• my option is that a guy should treat his gal like that any day of the week not just one day a year.

• Same thing as Christmas and other stupid holidays: to sell cards and other crap. Can't really sell roses in winter.

• It's just a holiday made up by people like mothers day just for them, which is supposed to be like saying this day is just for you and nothing else :D

• It's a perfect excuse to ask a girl out on a date. No one wants to be alone that day because social pressure! :_)

• Money. It's all about buying pointless shit no one needs.

• and that takes away the whole purpose of love and sharing your time with your loved ones

It's funny that they call it Valentine's Day when it's only about money. lol

• Yeah. Funny how people are easy to push where you want them to go.

• Last moment suck up which is later made up to guys with Steak And Blowjob Day.

• This day was "made" by florists, so they will sell a lot of flowers in winter.

• Makes my wallet go empty so I have to check every few minutes if I have my wallet with me.

• First of all i don't believe on this day its just a lusty day not loving day

• money making scheme

• true... otherwise there would be no purpose

• Make couples celebrate and single people cry.

• I can do that with my boyfriend on any day. I don't really need a day to remind me how special he is. He was already special the day I chose him.

• which takes away the whole purpose of love and sharing

• You really have a point

• Money.

• 0|0
    • you still have your friends and family

• But they won't buy me chocolate, that's all I want xD

• Like almost all traditions it is useless

• to get laid

• that can be done on any other day as well too

• Is commercialized to spend money at businesses

• expose your feeling to your partner

• We already express our feelings to each other every single day.

• It celebrates romance

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 6