#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

LADIES! How do you want your boyfriend to spend valentines day with you? What are your expectations?

LADIES! How do you want your boyfriend to spend valentines day with you? What are your expectations?And be honest.
How can your boyfriend make you happy on 14. th February?

82

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend makes me happy every day of the year so valentine’s is nothing out of the ordinary πŸ˜‚

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend says she actually prefers to avoid the sappy and cliche stuff like a dozen red roses and a romantic restaurant. She dislikes sweet food in general, so no chocolates. She told me that she likes to go shopping with her guy, buy some food, make a surf and turf meal together, cheese, wine, and have a romantic dinner at home.

This seems to go against what I assume should be the norm as a guy. I suppose it makes sense though. The holiday seems to be geared towards expectations being put on the man in the relationship to woo his woman, shower her with romantic overtures, gifts, setting the mood, and so on, while it really should be about both partners creating the moment together and for each other.

In other words, why should it be so one-sided? I get that it feels nice to be thought of, especially during those special moments. Stories of guys going the extra mile during Valentine's Day, Anniversaries, when proposing for marriage, and so on are what put a lot of pressure on men to achieve a standard that women so often brag about when it comes to that special man in their lives. It feeds into the pressure put on men to perform and can be a source of insecurity.

In my opinion, all loving gestures should come from the heart and there should be no pressure to meet some sort of set standard. As soon as you detach from it, try to appease someone, to think you /have/ to do something to be approved, then it loses its authenticity and meaning.

Yes, be thoughtful, know what touches your woman's heart but also be genuine in your expression.

(Also this isn't a gendered thing. Same goes for women who are expected to dress in lingerie and do sexual favors. These "gifts" should be genuine and not expected.)

Valentines Day

What Girls Said 7

• Honestly, I don’t celebrate it, but if we did, surprising me with a back massage or something till I fall asleep would be amazing. Especially if he gets those fancy massage bar that smells nice and melts on your body but at the same time has that texture that you can you actually feel it on your back

• We talked about dinner somewhere which I like the idea of, just kind of being adults. I want to watch the my bloody valentine remake with him and I just hope he likes his gifts.

• I have literally no expectation on Valentine's day. We could just watch a movie at home or play video games, or even do nothing at all. I don't understand why people care so much about Valentine's day tbh.

• With me and cuddle and watch romantic movies and eat chocolate ice cream

• Watch My Little Pony together <3 lol.

• That'd be a toughy. A friend tried to turn me into a Brony, and I didn't make it past the opening before turning it off.

• Sure! Let’s binge on my little pony πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’•

• https://i.imgur.com/CX4J1cu.png

https://youtu.be/6FMVKWtb7HU

Yay! Let's do it, my princess β˜ΊπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ž

• I don't celebrate it

• Me and my husband are planning on staying in bed and spending time together and then go out for dinner at a restaurant and then go home and maybe have sex or something

What Guys Said 1

• Searching a good honest girlfriend..

Valentines Day