#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Is Valentines catered to girls?

• Yes it's catered to girls
  • No..

2317

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's catered to girls

Most Helpful Guy

• It's cattered to couples and attractive people, a. k. a. Chad and Stacy.

Valentines Day

What Girls Said 22

• Its marketed towards the easiest demographic, i. e. women.
    Its easier to target women for Valentines Day due to the overall theme of the day. Just look at the questions on here about Valentines Day where the guy didn't bother.

• I think it works both ways. Because if a girl is so in love with the guy, she'd go out of her way to buy him a good present.
    On the other hand, guys surprise them as well by taking them on dinner dates and gifting them things.

• Personally, if I had a valentine I would treat him as much as he's likely to treat me. Like buy him his favorite snacks, take him out (and pay) to his favourite restaurant, etc. Even buy him a cute Tedde bear.

• I always thought of it as celebrating both our love for each other. I already got him a card and box of chocolates I have hidden. I guarantee he hasn't even thought of it coming up.

• Yes, it tends to be. I think it's a problem. It leads to confusion about what Valentine's day is really supposed to be about, and makes men feel resentful towards the holiday.

• No, girls are the ones buying gifts and giving them to guys on Valentine's Day.

• I don't see that in the UK tho

• >no girls are the ones buying gifts
      >i don't see that
      >yEAH BUT THAT'S BECAUSE NO GIRLS LIKE YOU LMAO

• I like him, don't bully him he's the best.

Girls rarely buy gifts for men. That doesn't happen nearly as often as guys buy gifts for women. Turn on a TV and watch some Valentine's Day commercials, they're all about men buying expensive gifts like diamond rings and flowers and edible arrangements and taking her out to a fancy dinner, etc. to prove that they love her. Women are not expected to go out of their way to show their man they care, and most of the time they don't, that's not how it is.

• The main theme of Valentines is pink with lovehearts, so I'd say probably. I'd also like to point out that not all women think of it as a big deal. To me I find it extremely cheesy.

• I am going to copy and paste what I wrote on a similar question.
    In theory, Valentine's Day is a holiday about loving and appreciating your partner, and it's supposed to go both ways between men and women. In reality though, it's about men going out of their way to spend money and do sweet things for their girlfriends/fiancees/wives, and usually getting nothing in return. The only things a woman seems to do for her man on Valentine's are fucking him a little bit better than usual (wearing new, pretty lingerie that HE probably bought in the first place), and maybe cooking him a nice dinner. It's ridiculous how one-sided it is.

• For those of you who don't think it's catered to women, take a look at these commercials.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5QHQjMiUY
      "This Valentine's, give her what she's been waiting for"
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82mMQA9KSrQ
      Basically, "buy her flowers or you don't love her"
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlXL8bY1aVU
      "Surprise her with a half-caret diamond ring, just $499"
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1I1FW1ffSc
      How can anyone look at a commercial like that and say it isn't entirely focused on the woman?
      All of them are, the entire holiday is basically one big marketing plot to get men to buy things for women to prove that they love them. Women are not held to the same standard, for them it's generally "Oh, I might pick him up a card on the way home and be a little more enthusiastic in bed tonight" at most. It makes me so angry tbh. Normalize putting equal input into relationships, and normalize loving and appreciating men please.

• I am not excited for it. I think it is better to show love everyday in little things.

• Yes it's catered to girls
    But soon it won't be🌈🌈🌈🌈

• Valentines day, more like the commercial holiday tho

• Mainly I think the expectation is on the man to spoil his lady personally I think it's a load of nonsense so hallmark can make some money

• Isn't it more about both partners? Have I been doing it wrong all these years? :O

• No it’s catered to my dog

• I've only given on valentines day never received.

• Yeah, it is.

• Seems like it.

• Yes lol πŸ˜‚

• Mind blown.

• Nope.

• Yes, it is.

• It sure is

What Guys Said 16

Valentines Day