#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

How should I approach Valentine's Day?

So we've been dating 5 months. It was casual to start but maybe got serious about 2 months in. Both us have talked about how we aren't into romance or grand gestures. He will take me for dinner and buy my coffee but has never bought gifts or flowers. That's genuinely not our style.

However, Valentine's Day is round the corner. And now I'm a complete loss as to whether we are gonna do anything for it. I feel dead awkward about even mentioning it in case he thinks I'm expecting something. When I just wanna make sure we are both doing the same thing. Would I like a little token something, yeah, would it bother me if he doesn't, maybe a little. Does it actually matter, no.

How should I word the question to him?

219

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be honest tell him how you feel men need to listen or they won't have a clue.

Valentines Day

What Guys Said 18

• Do you celebrate steak and blowjob day on March 14?

If not, don't expect anything!

Relationships are a 2 way street. There's nothing stopping you from making plans and treating him for Valentine's day. It's about people who love each other, and showing that love, not guys specifically buying shit for the girls they love.

• That's why I said about making sure we are doing the same. At Christmas I bought him stuff and he didn't get me anything. I wanna avoid that.

And I'll have you know blowjob day is most days for him!!! 😋

• Associate = appreciate

• If you're feeling bad because you got him something and he didn't get you anything, that's because you expected something. That's not what those celebrations are about.

• Remind him that Saint Valentine is the patron saint of plague. Diamonds are mostly mined through slave labor. Cut flowers wither and die. Chocolates have generally tested positive for lead.
    But having said all that, little stuffed plush animals are cute.

• Ask him nonchalantly if he wants to do a little token something for Valentines day? Most guys appreciate some frank honesty about what you want.

• "So when are you going to ask me out for Valentine's day? I can't plan my schedule around it if I don't know what we're doing."

• Talk to him about it. He may be feeling the exact same way, maybe not. This is the time to talk it about it, so nobody's feelings get hurt over expectations and oversights. Even if he's not into it, he probably won't mind doing something special for you on Valentine's day. Just make sure you're very appreciative every time he does something unexpected. What really kills the mood for a lot of guys is the expectations on Valentine's day. Having to constantly out do himself year after year, plus compete with rumors about what all of her friends' fellas were orchestrating for the holiday, and too rarely a "thank you," because it was 100% expected and not considered something extra nice.

• Ask him what does he think about possibly, trying to do gifts for each other one day. You understand it's not something you usually do, but let's try it. See what he says after that?

• Vday is weeks away. You might even break up by then. Just talk about it the day before.

• I'll date myself :) or maybe go out with my stupid friends haha

• There is always a good old pizza and movie date at your living place.

• Any plans for next Wednesday?

• Sleep through it all, never mention it.

• With caution.

• buy gift

• "What are we doing for valetines day"? Lol

• Am still thinking of it now

• "Its coming, its coming. Woooo."

• I'll date my wallet

• what is wrong with you people...
    its like you're all craving attention on this day...
    that lonely? come on people you're being pathetic. Grow up... lol

and get a job. Its still a work day

What Girls Said 2

• I would suggest just asking him. Something as simple and casual as "Have you thought about Valentine's day at all? What do you want to do to celebrate?" or "Are we exchanging gifts for Valentine's day? How do you feel about it" can start the conversation and get you the answers you need.

• buy him something

Valentines Day