#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

He asked if I could be his Valentine but?

This very sweet, romantic, and respectful guy asked me to be his Valentine.. he's not really someone I would initially go for. But he's tried to get me to go out with him and all that stuff- but because I'm not super crazy attracted to him, I haven't given him the chance. He asked me out for Vday. And I said yes, however, I'm not too excited for it. But I'm still going in with a great hope that it'll actually be fun. He's the type I would normally friend zone physically. But am I wrong to give it a try? Even though I'm a little bit eh about It? 😶 Let me tell ya, he's the type of guy to get all excited and go ALL out for me. I just don't want it to be one of those things where I receive such sweet actions, but still not feel attraction for him... 😕

36

Most Helpful Guy

• You're forcing yourself to be on a date that you don't want to be in, I know he's nice and all but you're just deceiving him into thinking that you like him as a boyfriend, so the fact that he's trying doesn't mean that you should date him. Either you hurt his feelings or go on a date with him and pretend you want to be in a relationship.. Anyway give him a chance maybe he'll impress you if not just tell him you only like him as a friend, better hurt him now than after.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ouch... girl, you gotta let him down gently, ok? but you have to tell him how you feel.

Valentines Day

What Guys Said 5

• If this is your attitude going in you need to make different plans. You clearly have zero interest in him, and quite frankly you're leading him on by agreeing to going out with him.

• I have interest in seeing if his personality matches mine and we can vibe! I haven't given him an actual chance to get to know him.

• You just posted how you don't see him being a physical match either. Your attitude towards the date is expectation of disappointment with the hopes that it'll be tolerable.
      Honestly, sounds a little like you're just bored and going with him for something to do.

• I see what you're sayin

• Attraction is not something that you always have right away. Sometimes you need to spend more time with the person. I knew this one girl in college who I said was unappealing/least attractive girl at the table when I first met her, but as I hung out with her I realized just how hot she was, and I wasn't even in love.

• Don't let a good guy past you by because of his physical. He may be the guy that could make you the happiest woman on earth. I understand you want to be attracted to him, but what if his attractions come from. other areas?

• You're leading him and if you don't have any interest in him then tell hin that just don't completely crush him because that's not fair to him

• Well if you dnt hv an interest in him then there's no point

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe text him ahead of time and tell him you won’t have time to do much or whatever because you “have a test” or “have to write a paper” or something

• you should be gentle when you turn im down

Valentines Day