#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Do you prefer a planned out Valentine’s Day date or would you rather be surprised?

Mine are usually surprises, though I’m not sure how much of a surprise it is that I’m making his favorite foods.
  • Plan it out.
  • Give me the surprise!

4033

Most Helpful Guy

• This answer is more general, but can also be applied for Valentine's day.

What many masculine people see as their perfect day is when the whole day is cleared and he can do whatever he wants.
    An easy trap to fall into is thinking because that's our ideal day, it must also be her ideal day too. So many men have met dissapointment when they woke up their girlfriend and told them that they have the whole day for themselves, but nothing is planned and she can do whatever she wants.
    Instead most feminine people prefer surprises, mystery and have the perfect day planned out for them.

If you have any questions go ahead. Been a while since I read that psychology book, but I will try to answer :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't matter to me. It's just a holiday. I'd rather my boyfriend surprise me or plan something for me whenever, but not because he feels obligated to. V-Day is all about obligations and I hate that. I want it to truly be from the heart, not because of some dumb holiday.

What Guys Said 32

• I usually plan my stuff out, but i always have a backup plan. Shit happens, it's life, so I try to keep something totally different available just in case.
    If I wasn't the one to plan things (being a guy I'm the one who's expected to plan everything anyway) I'd love the surprise. We fellas love to be pampered and surprised just as much as you ladies

• I am taking her out to dinner and reservations are absolutely essential to get into a good restaurant on VD. We are new on our relationship so I asked her to select a restaurant. No surprises this year.

• A little bit of both.
    Im not a big planner but reserving a room is something u gotta do ahead of time because they do get expensive in some places for valentines.
    My only priority for this day and anniversaries was that, considering a busy schedule and work, spending time with ur significant other is the only thing that mattered. Even if it was just a small meal or something simple.

• I'd rather not have one. The day shouldn't exist. What kind of date is the most surprising? ... maybe that which is on any other one of the 364 days in the year. A day specifically for romance is inane and highly illogical.

• I'd prefer that I not be pressured into doing shit just because a bunch of people a long ass time ago decided that February 14th is special. I just don't care for Valentine's Day, it's too contrived for my taste.

• To plan for it, both works both are busy and both tired. Teamwork pan it together will be pleasant

• Well i sure as hek would love a surprise food date 😂 i hope ur boyfriend loves what ur cooking for him!!!

• It's been a while since I had a Valentine's date but I say I would prefer surprise date or sort of let's see where the date take us deal.

• Planned for me. Then I can be ready and prepare a gift and have a nice time out.

• surprise that's a way to do best date
    but when you planning to do it.. it's kind of not interesting or some like that

• Rather have a surprise from my girlfriend and plan out my girlfriends surprise

• I like a girl to give me a surprise or for me to give her a surprise.

• I think suprises are the way to go especially if you're a guy.

• I don't celebrate a holiday designed to exploit people's relationships for money by selling them chocolates and other crap they don't need.

• I hate Valentine's Day whether I have a girlfriend or not.

It feels so forced, I can't be comfortable

• i prefer not celebrating holidays. don't like the attention or the focus

• I prefer a all day long video gaming. Dates are boring.

• I guess it depends on the 'surprise'!!

• Surprises are nice, aren’t they?

• I like surprises!

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 39

• I'm not going to vote Yes or no I think it depends on each couple because some couples just like to do spontaneous things sometimes when you plan too much or too many surprises go awry it causes tension

• I usually like to help plan it out, but my boyfriend asked what day Vday is, when I told him he said "Oh, I make something happen" so determined.
    I thought it was really cute, and now I'm looking forward to a surprise :3

• I don't mind either one. Valentines day is just one day out of the year to express love for just that one day. I love my boyfriend 365 days all around instead of showing my love on just one specific day. Valentines day is also babymaking day for many. The doctors offices are going to be so full and shelves will be cleared of pregnancy tests.

• I like giving surprises.. but I also like planned stuff.. so it should be a mix of both
    I personally have never had any valentines celebrations to I'm not the expert on this lol

• I would like to no that we are going somewhere... but be told what type of clothing to wear... and then be surprised x x

• Both can be equally fun. I enjoy planning, but it's also very special to be surprised once in a while.

• I'd rather plan so that we both can give opinions on what we want to do!

• I don't mind either one
    I would much rather have it planned out, that's cause I like to know what to expect
    The surprise must turn out well for me to like it

• I'd rather be at home with romance, candles and some chocolates with roses.

• suprise!! what's the fun in knowing the plans for the day?

• I mean, I'd want him to plan it, AND then surprise me.

• I love when my man surprises me and says let's go out.

• Well if it's a surprise, one of the two still gotta plan the surprise right

• I like to plan things so I'd prefer a planned out date where we know where and what we are doing.

• I love surprises. Haven’t gotten one from an SO before

• Plan it out. Although I prefer just spending time not doing anything special.

• I want to be surprised... I would hope my date planned it out in advance.

• I dont really mind as long as it makes not one me but him happy

• After years of being married it would be nice to be surprised once in awhile 😊

• A surprise is always better!!!

• More from Girls
    19