#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

What's it like to love yourself?

Honestly most days I simply hate myself, I've never really been able to love myself
#selflove
#Selfhatred

32

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s a slow and frustrating process but it feels amazing. I know when I’m in my red dress, I forget about all my insecurities and it’s become my alter-ego.

• It sounds ridiculous but I think it's kind of like seeing youself as having an inner child. I've seen self care described as looking after your inner toddler and I feel like that's very apt. It's having compassion for yourself even if you feel angry and disappointed about things you've done, accepting that mistakes happen and emotions overwhelm you sometimes. Wanting to look after yourself and 'choosing progress over perfection', rather than seeing struggles as evidence of inherent flaws in character. And yeah, being on your own side and making your wellbeing a priority

• For a lot of us this is just so true... I had a very hurt and bleeding inner child more or less stemming from an emotionally abusive mother who ended up in a very physically abusive relationship. It all came in a poem, an honouring of the innocent little boy who deserves to be taken care of and protected emotionally. Definitely my own job now, and a realization that's changed my entire approach to life.

Most Helpful Guys

• It's the best feeling possible. Even more when you've felt down for several years.

You think about situations where you can be proud of being yourself.

• I also.
    Try wicca rituals it really works lul

What Girls Said 1

• It's like nothing

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!