#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Is it a dumb/pointless gift?

I've been seeing a guy for a little under a year and neither of us are huge on Valentine's Day because it's become something to just spend money on. However, whether he does anything for me or not, I'd like to do something nice for him. Since I'm into art, I thought I would paint something for him. I settled on a bike.

The story behind it is that he always loved his dad's bike, and his dad would joke that he could have the bike when he died. Well, his dad had a cancer scare and gave the bike to the guy I'm seeing, because they didn't think he was going to make it. Though his dad survived, my guy still has the bike and it means so much to him that it sits in his bedroom and he never rides it. I was thinking of painting the bike for him as a part of his gift.

I didn't know if it was a stupid/pointless gift but I've gifted people paintings before and they seemed to like them. I'm attaching a photo of a painting I did for someone I used to know so people can get an idea of the style the bike painting would be. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Is it a dumb/pointless gift?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• If that is truly your painting, I think you should paint a portrait of his dad to (perhaps if he wants) put on the wall above the bike. Both have survived and seems like a great chance to illustrate your creativity.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I would love to do that for him but I've never painted a person before. I'm absolutely terrified I would do his dad justice.

• Fishing and beer hahaha. I've only been with him for a period of a few months so I'm not super sure what else they may have in common.

• You said a little under a year.. Anyway you could paint a rendition of him and his father fishing. Kind of rockwell style, but put your own mark on it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you should do a painting of it

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Guys Said 6

• It's a very thoughtful gift that obviously you put effort into. He very opposite of stupid and pointless

• That would be a nice gesture. I would love it if it was me.

• Why would it be a bad idea? You can definitely paint and I'm sure he's going to like it. That should go without saying.

• It sounds like a very thoughtful gift maybe you can do one with his dad with the bike if you are skilled enough

• Girl a gift is gift and they all are precious

• Gift it to his dad

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!