#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Why should Valentine's Day be so important when you can do all these things for your loved ones and love interest any time of the year?

57

Most Helpful Guy

• @JadeTea It isn't important. Nothing is "important", you only believe it to be or want it to be or think that it is "important" and thus it becomes "important" to you in your mind; it's all in your head. Entirely subjective. "Importance" is all but delusions, complete fallacies. Unlike necessities though, you do however, NEED air, water, food, shelter TO LIVE, so thus those things are actually "important", but everything else, meh, you don't need them to actually live so they are COMPLETELY subjective when it comes to being "important".

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually for me valentines everyday not that important it just special to me because the day before is my bro birthday the day after is my birthday and the day after mine is step dad birthday..
    In my opinion valentines is everyday I mean u can't just love on one day u gotta love on everyday..

What Guys Said 6

• That's a very good question. I find that it is because it gives people a specific time to focus on it in case they inadvertently don't show the typical level of affection that would normally be shown on this particular holiday. But you're absolutely right, if you care for somebody enough you should be willing to show them that level of affection anytime of the year not just on one specific day.

• Right. I think it's only important for couples but even if I was in a relationship I wouldn't celebrate this shit openly. That's why this year I'm working on Valentine's day

• Even if you where it a relationship what would you do if your girlfriend wanted to do something for this holiday?

• We wouldn't be making out in public and shit. I guess I would take her to dinner or something. We could go wherever she wants but I wouldn't want to upset all the singles out there by showing of my relationship. I would have respect for my singles

• Haha. Good thinking. I can't stand public affection.

• I always feel uncomfortable with the holiday. Too much hype and commercialism. I prefer picking a convenient day to express love.

• No one puts that much effort in on a regular basis so it's good to do extra

• Because consumerism.

• Excellent question

What Girls Said 4

• It's a one day that a man can show how he is proud to have me as his girlfriend and showing it by doing something special. Other days are cool but this day is more sentimental than any other regular day. 💖

• Valentine's day is just an excuse for couples to show off their love to the world. Like they can't do that every other day of their life

• Good question. I think Valentine’s Day is extremely overrated.

• It's just another Hallmark scam holiday