#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Do you know the real story behind Valentine's Day?

I don't! Do you?

35

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup. The Feast of St. Valentine.

• Tell me about it!

• I don't know a lot about it, except it's an old Catholic holiday to honour St. Valentine. It really has nothing to do with today's commercialized version of Valentine's Day.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep it's brutal.

• Tell me

• Thanks man for the story

• Anytime. :)

Valentines Day

What Girls Said 2

• Something about the Saint Valentine

• I can’t remember all the details of it but there was a guy named valentine who was performing marriage ceremonies when marriage was being outlawed and he was thrown in jail but he wanted to continue to fight for those who wanted to be Wed despite the law. And eventually he was executed

What Guys Said 4

• St. Valentine is a Christian/Catholic St. Because he would pay for the dowry's of other men's daughters. Back when father's had to pay for their daughters to be married. Centuries ago, a daughter was either a potential for entering into a slightly elevated social caste, an alliance with a foreign power, or if unmarried, just another mouth to feed. So this guy would just go around and give money strangers for weddings basically. Very good chap, even by today's standards

• He would perform Christian marriages, in a time when it was illegal to be Christian. He even performed several marriages while imprisoned, awaiting his execution.

• Some Italian mob guy killed a bunch of Irish gangsters and boom saint Valentine's day massacure than he ate some chocolate in a heart box that's why we do it

• Neither do I

Valentines Day