#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Is it normal not to get even a card off your partner on Valentine's Day?

Ok for women really , I've been with my partner for eight years we have two beautifull children together. I work part time and my partner doesn't work. So as it's Valentine's Day tommorow I know I won't even receive as much as a card because my partner has no money do you think I should be upset about this or just let it go?

1414

Most Helpful Guy

• He's your partner you know him better than us, talk to him. Expecting a ten dollar card from a man with no job seems like quite the stretch. That doesn't mean he can't raid the neighbors flower bed for a bouquet. Just try to think if the roles where reversed, how would you feel if he was mad at you for not buying him a present with money you don't have. It's nice to have expectations but be realistic no money, no store bought items. He could always shoplift though...

Most Helpful Girl

• even if he has no money and can't afford to buy a card, the least he can do is find materials at home, craft you a card with the kids and write a poem on it with his name and also both of the kids name on it. but that's just what i would do IF i'm your partner. since you're already expecting nothing, you probably should just let it go since getting upset won't change anything and it might even scare your children when they see you upset or when your mood dramatically changing.

What Guys Said 13

• Well, I don't think that these cards could tell better how much you love your partner than yourself. In my opinion Valentines day is also just a normal day, somebody just found out to make it the day of relationships and get more money out of the people's pocket. People should love each other every day the same

• That's very relative. It depends on how he understand and interpret the meaning of that day and how he values that day. That doesn't mean he doesn't value the relationship but that day.

• As long as he acknowledges it verbally you're good. Get him a gift and tell him before v day saying i got you something. He will then have to get you something. If that doesn't work day something. 8 years you shoukd be able to say these things.

• You are at least 25 and have two kids... But you think you need a peace of paper from the super market for your life to be complete?

• You pretty much just answered your own question lol but let it go but you should be kinda fussy about him beiny jobless and broke

• Why don't you just get off your lazy ass and buy a f****** card like really... grow up. Damn

• I think it's fair to expect some token of recognition, even if it's small.

• Just let it go. So long as he makes you feel loved do you really need part of a tree that says it

• Perfectly. Thankfully more n more people are turning off valentines day scam

• I don't believe in V day. Me and my wife never exchange V day cards.

• Maybe if he had some money he would buy you something I don't know

• It depends whether both of you are comfortable with each other

• I would be upset

What Girls Said 13

• I wouldn't say it is "normal" to not even get a card from your partner. But you say he has "no money" so the situation seems pretty obvious to me. If he has no money then how can he give you a card or gift? What is the point in being upset?

It seems like the greater issue is why he doesn't have money, why he's not working, and whether or not it's okay for your family's financial situation.

• I would focus more on how he treats you the rest of the year. And if he is broke, maybe you can suggest making each other cards or going on a simple picnic, or something that doesn't cost a lot that still helps you show your love for one another.

• I personally don't care about Valentine's nor does my partner so for us it's just another random day. If it's important to you, tell him that. You don't need a lot of money to make something sweet. Especially if he stays at home he's got time.

• You should be supportive of him. The most important thing is that you know that he loves. But maybe ask him to write for you a love note reminding you how lucky he is to have you in his life it won't cost a thing and it will warm your heart.

• How in earth can he get you anything if he doesn't work? Why would you get upset when you know they don't have any money? Why not just have a nice romantic day at home or find something free to do?

• Just let it go. Cards are overrated and expensive. Write him a love letter on a piece of paper. That should suffice

• I didn’t even remember today was Valentines, and I’ve done nothing for my partner. I think there’s too much emphasis placed on V days. Maybe think about how he takes care of your children instead? Those are actions you want to look for. :)

• Maybe he will cook for you since you support the family?

Honestly, if his not working bothers you, you should be honest with him.

• Cards are lame. I'd rather get flowers or a nicely made meal with candles.

• has he got you stuff before?
    There are so many other ways he can do something for you without spending money. Even if he takes a scrap piece of paper and writes a message inside, I am sure you will appreciate it.
    I know how you feel. All of my past relationships, I've never gotten a card or chocolates or flowers or anything of the sort for valentines day. So I dont know what its like or how it feels to get something. I wouldn't let it bother you. You know what you are worth hun.
    One day you will get something. Keep the faith

• Let it go. I’ve been with mine for 10 1/2 years we have one child together. Etc anyways I wouldn’t be upset I mean disappointed yes but at the same time what’s another card or box of candy. It’s
    Just material be happy for what you have. With that being said I barely receive gifts birthday Christmas etc nothing. I got a bundle of flowers for mother’s day last year
    Or the year before and that makes it all the better to receive it and not expect it. We also don’t have a ton of money atm so I get it and I’m at peace with it. I’m also not getting him anything either. But anyways I wouldn’t be too upset it’s not worth the time being upset about it. Unless he’s a jerk then girl you be upset ! Lol

• Let it go. It's not a big deal.

• Sounds like shared custody so I'm not surprised