#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

How do you cope with being single on Valentine's?

This may sound odd, but when I was in school I would cope by dressing in black and sitting alone listening to loud music. Now since I'm working, I still dress in black lol

1229

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like to dress completely in black because I like the style and associate myself with it but I don't have the courage to do so, yet. Still, I cope with it the way that I keep feel depressed, adding some more self pity.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really care this year, I'll just go home and have a normal night. But last year I forgot it was Valentine's Day and I went to the restaurant with my parents for dinner, wondering why it was so busy. There was this girl with her boyfriend, she laughed at me for having dinner alone with my parents on Valentine's Day. Worst dinner ever, I felt so bad.

• And that's another reason why I hate Valentine's.

What Guys Said 28

• I learned that i shouldn't rely on romance for happiness. I used to only be happy when i was in a relationship but now i don't care much. I'd be nice but im not unhappy when i'm not in one. I get my happiness from working and my hobbys and interests.

It might not be that easy for everyone, my transition was easier for me cuz i went through a few cheaters as partners but even so, thats my take.

• I look at it as an opportunity because it's a day when no girl wants to be single and feel left out whilst her friends brag about all the sweet things their bfs bought and did for them.

So I go out approaching girls because it is the day when girls are most willing to be approached by a guy and they won't be so bothered if it isn't perfect. Plus they can brag to their friends how cool and random the encounter was!

• Simply ignore it. If you can just remove yourself from places with Valentine's decorations, but if you can't, then think of something completely different like what to make for dinner or what Netflix series to watch when you get home or maybe a book or video game or sleep. Valentine's day doesn't exist in your mind!

• I don't need to cope. If the media and people don't keep reminding me that its valentines day, I'd probably never realize it. Its just another day to me.

• Sleep, forgetting that it's Valentine's day. Think about how many people have birthdays today, think about upcoming birthdays or holidays that are okay/that you enjoy..

• Enjoy saving money by not spending it on a goddamn digger (yes, I said digger, not the n word) who will say yes so you'll spoil them, only to forget you exist the next day, bro!😎

• It's just another day... Just because you are single doesn't mean you failed at life. The planets populations is 60/40 so it's impossible for nobody to be single on the same day...

• when i was single i just went about my day like any other day

• It is hard for me i was married on that day , due bad events not her fault or mine , we are no longer together , Silly as it may sound listening to Grace Vanderwaal songs , Make good thoughts

• It was sort of lousy, the the next day I literally met the sweetest woman I've ever known.

• It’s a day just like any other fucking day get over it.

• I take it as a normal day and make myself busy in work.

• Resolve the problems that are making you feel depressed

• It's just another day girl. Why you have to cope with it? Enjoy the day don't waste it.

• Self conscious girl surrounded by couples can't enjoy her day

• I am also surrounded by couples. All my friends are roaming around with their partners. But I don't care. I will get someone someday who will be perfect for me. Just enjoy the day. You won't get this day back.

• nothing wrong with being single in general tbh

• I forget that the day even exists. Seriously.

• I smoke weed and drink a lot

• Like every other dau

• Just another day

• Sleep, lots of it too

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 11

• I dont "cope" with being single on Valentine's day. Literally just another day. Get up, take daughter to sitters, go to work, get off work, pick daughter up from school, take daughter back to sitters and go to second job. Now in twenty minutes I'll get off work at the second job, pick my daughter up from the sitters, go home, and go to bed. Notice how I never mentioned eating as I won't eat today. She had breakfast and lunch at school and dinner with the sitter so she's fed.

• In with being single on Valentine's Day by drinking wine, getting super fuckin drunk, eating chocolates, baking brownies /cookies and hanging out w my friendssss

• I spent all day cleaning/doing laundry/cooking. Instead of watching sappy movies or texting out of lust, I keep my mind occupied and body moving by cleaning or cooking. Also thinking about all the money I’ve saved compared to those who do celebrate lol

• Lol I don't care for Valentine's day so I just do what I do everyday
    Absolutely nothing

• there's no coping to be done cuz being single is amazing

• I cope by getting sushi and watching movies with friends

• I just go to work and eat kitkats🖒

• Go out with the single girls I know

• I enjoy my strawberries chocolate !!!

• I m happy with my cats😍

• Chocolate and a movie and extra work

• I'm actually thinking about staying a couple hours to work just for the hell of it

• Lol, I took on an extra shift for the same reason XD