#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Did you break up on Valentine's Day? If so, the how was it?

So, did anybody have a break up or split on Valentine's Day, specifically for this year? If so, how did it end? On good terms? Or is it the WORST break up or split that you've ever had?

It sucks. But it's just the way it is, nothing is absolutely going to last forever, and that's just the lesson and reality of it all.

As for those that did not have a break up or split, then do you know somebody else that had one? Such as a co-worker, friend or relative? Did you see anybody break up, fight or split up? Did you witness a break up on Valentine's Day this year?
Anybody?

513

Most Helpful Girl

• Not yesterday, but when I was 18, I did. I got a kind of bored with our relationship but I was scared to break up (cause I thought he'd be mad, he was a guy with a bad reputation, silly me, he was really sweet to me at least). I remember he brought me a red rose and I said thank you, but I don't want to be with you anymore. I was ready for whatever, but he was just looking a kind of sad and then he said Ok, then, however you wish, so shall I walk you home? I put the rose in a beer glass because I didn't have a vase. I was feeling so relaxed until my mom and grandma found out we broke up and kept telling me every day for a few months that I was an awful person. 😑

• At least he offered to walk you home. It almost feel like a perfect troll. "I just broke up with you on Valentine's Day. U Mad bro?" LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

• Lol a kind of yeah. 😁 He is still really friendly to me.

• Damn, that's the annoying part of others judging you for your love life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Question doesn't apply to me, young man!. I have always been single, I am still single and I wish to remain single till death. Hence these type of questions will never apply to me.

• I'm not actually 20. "I have always been single, I am still single and I wish to remain single till death."

Look on the bright side, at least we don't have to deal with all of the drama, costs, emotions, and all that shit when the relationship is over and done with. No fighting, no pressure, etc.

• I know, I am already aware of the advantages and the bright side of being single.

Valentines Day

What Girls Said 4

• I've never had a breakup on Valentine's Day and I hope that doesn't happen anyways.
    I also don't know anyone who broke up on this day. Sure, some people celebrate Valentine's Day here, but it's not a big deal like it is in other countries.
    Yes, it sucks. But every relationship comes to an end someday.

• Not really. I was upset the whole day because I ate crap food. Also, I can't find a job. It's stressful. A boyfriend is something I never dream of. It's just all the women in my family end up as single mother. I don't want to raise a kid alone. Growing about seeing my mom struggle and not having a male role model is tough. I never had a normal family. My mom and dad hate each other. Even to this day, my mom hates my dad. I was also taught at a young age that sex was wrong and have very bad view of sex. Although, I slowly learn to overcome the bad sigma of sex. I feel uncomfortable. Also, add to the fact that ever since I was 10 years old I was search for love on the internet. As you can guess I got manipulated because lack of supervision. I also felt lonely and never could find a friend. I am still very lonely to this day. But at least I am aware. I am more aware that a man isn't going to change my life completely. Every year on my birthday I wish I would fall in love until I turn 20. It's was disappointing Growing up dreaming of the day I would be cared for. Maybe as a women we seek attention and I never had that. I don't know where life will take me but I refused to be lied to. I refused to be a single mother like everyone in my family. How I'm I suppose to trust anyone after having my heart broken that way. I lived a good ten years trying to lose weight and hoping that my so called true love when come to my life.

• The odds are against me. I have bigger issues like find stability so that in the future I can retire. I am clearly miss up in the head of what love is. I don't even know if I can have a normal sex life. In fact I don't want have sex. The majority guys won't understand. What kinda of guy would agree to sexless romantic. I believe I have to work really hard since I won't have anyone supporting me when I am older. So, the biggest heart break I ever witness was my own. I love myself dearly. Oh and for those who say don't give up, just shut up. Nobody asked you. Happy Valentine's. I can say that with out any bad feeling. Cheers

• Oh well I still believe the world in empty. But I try to focus on what I can do to better myself. I search for happiness in the little things in life.

• "I search for happiness in the little things in life."

That's all that it really matters. Just take it easy 1 step at a time, 1 day at a time.

• Me & my ex boyfriend I did the break up it was almost valentines Day

• Nope! I had probably one of the best valentines yesterday. 💕

What Guys Said 12

• No that never happened to me, but I had a friend who broke up with a girl who he dated for two weeks on Christmas Eve when we were freshmen in high school

• Close enough, I guess it's worse during the holiday seasons. So like I said, no relationships are ever guaranteed to last indefinitely, just move on when it's over. And welcome back Lumberman53, although it looks like you had to create a whole new profile and start over again.

• Yeah exactly and thank you I'm glad to be back. Although yeah I used to be a GURU now I'm only xper level 4 lol, but I'll get to my way back up there lol

• Nope. I suppose that's one of the good things about Valentine's day: not being in a relationship mean you can't have a break up.

• "not being in a relationship mean you can't have a break up."

There we go!

• Question doesn't apply to me. But when I browsed my news feed on Facebook this morning, it was filled with flowers and butterflies from my classmates. So, doesn't look like anyone I know had a breakup yesterday.

• My 1st girlfriend broke up with me on Feb 14th when I was 15. Dick move.

• Indeed. It's the perfect troll anybody can do to their partner, well, one of them anyway. Intentionally picking that day and time frame to break up, when they could have done so much earlier or way later, like when it's warm, in the summer time, so you can go out there and have fun in the sun or on the beach.

• No because I’m single. The girlfriend I’ve had so far was when I was 13.

• I studied hard on Valentine's Day, does that count?

• You meant you had to study for school? No, that wasn't the point of this question.

• No, I was studying willfully in order not to be mourning myself for being single, because studying reminds me that I have the potential to build a great successful future for myself that would eventually attract a faithful mature woman to live with me and build a great life together in which we complete each other

• That kind of "completeness" is a complete fallacy and delusion. Nobody else can exactly nor truly complete you or another person, that's just a complete myth. Only you can complete you, only you can be certain what would make you happy or content, or fulfilled. Or if you go even deeper, "nothing" is ever fulfilled.

In other words, if you solely depend upon or solely rely upon somebody else to "complete" you then if something happens to that person and they're gone for whatever reason, just say for example, they changed their minds, they don't want to be with you anymore for whatever reason. Then there goes your so called "completeness".

• I have never dated anyone. Most likely never will.

• That makes two of us. I can't either way. I'm nihilistic and cynical as fuck, that it's virtually impossible to do so.

• That's kind of a scummy thing to do.

• But it can happen, maybe not as frequent or that GaGers are too shy or ashamed to admit it publicly here as I didn't permit Anon responses. And besides, I needed a way to reinforce my more negative thinking and beliefs. Always need to reinforce that cynicism and cynical outlook on life altogether. And somehow it just gives me it a good laugh if anybody did pulled something off like this on their S/O. I mean it's like a perfect troll "I just broke up with you on Valentine's Day. U Mad bro?" But I'll have to admit that you're right though, it is a dickhead move, but people are still gonna do things like that.

• Nope.

• I never did that

• I broke up with drama :) felt good!

Valentines Day