What to do if you’ve never had a Valentine on Valentine’s Day?

I’m 26 and never had a boyfriend, which also means that I’ve always been alone on Valentine’s Day. That’s got to be some kind of record right? Anyway, I always find that I hate the day itself, and feel so alone/unloved. It feels worse seeing everyone else so happy, which I know makes me sound jealous, but trust me, that couldn’t be further from the truth.

I just don’t know what to do about it this year (aside from hiding away, and buying myself all the cheap chocolate on the 15th). Does anyone have ideas?

616

Most Helpful Guys

• Get drunk and burn things while screaming that you can't find your tube socks. Most romantic valentines day situation a women can do for her man. Not to mention fun of replicating this 13th century danish courting ritual.

(Ps: I'd say just go out to a new fancy restaurant that you'd both enjoy then go see a movie. Just because its simple doesn't mean its bad. I think he'll just be happy to spend time with you 😜 . ALSO! most guys (myself included) are suckers for baked goods from the SO, can't go wrong with that!)

Wishing you love birds well,
    - Mr. brick

• I’m single, so perhaps the only thing there I could do would be to burn stuff!

• Looks like I misinterpreted lol. Don't forget to aggressively scream "WHERE ARE MY GOD DAMN TUBE SOCKS!" Who knows maybe you'll meet Mr. right while burning things 😝

Respectfully,
      - Mr. Brick

• How about rather than hide away at home going woe is me, actually go out and meet some guys. You won't fix your problem sitting at home miserable.

The smart guys know that Valentine's day is the best day to approach women cause they won't get told to fuck off half the time as girls are desperate for love on this day. So they'll be more willing to approach. So go out, smile, look friendly, and maybe you'll meet a cool guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’ve never had a boyfriend either, so you’re definitely not alone in that. And I’m sure 26 isn’t a record. But I understand how it feels to play second fiddle to everyone else’s relationship and having your lack of romance made apparent. Send loving cards to all of your girlfriends and family members. I did that last year, and it feels really nice because people aren’t expecting it. Also plan a fun evening. Watch movies. Have some wine. Buy yourself a cake. Love yourself.

514
  • For a woman, you're in the minority of being valentine-less. As a man, this is a common occurrence and nothing new. All I can tell you is to either go out there and let people know you exist, or use tindr or whatever sex on demand app that exists.

Just remember, use a condom.

• Girl, treat yourself. Use it as a day to pamper yourself, to show love and affection to yourself.
    Get some wine, set a nice hot bubble bath, light some candles and read a book.

• Dont feel too bad. I'm 41 and I haven't had a valentine ever either. My solution: drink until I don't know where I am. Valentines Day flies by and it's not even noticed.

• Pretend it's just a day like any other (because it is). Don't focus on what everyone else is doing, do what you want and makes you happy that day.

• Fear not, Valentine's Day is not all it is made out to be, it is not any different than any other day, enjoy yourself, do the things you like doing.😊

• What I do is just pamper your self. Or. Don't give a rats ass about it.

• Girl same. I mean I've seen guys but never had a legitimate "boyfriend." However, I love valentines day! I wish all my friends in relationships the best of luck and then get absolutely smashed with my other single friends :)

• Meh. It's redundant and of no importance either way to me.

• On the 14 walk into a bar holding an heart with "looking for a date" or "free hugs" written on it. Have some friends with you, you don't want to get raped 😅

• 29, your record is nothing. I hate the day too but just because I can't stand public displays of affection.

Japan has a day (I think it's called "black day") for people who don't like Valentine's.

• I'm probably going to do what I do every Thursday, because it isn't a special day whatsoever. Just another day to make you spend money

• Use it as a day to tell yourself just how great you are

• i would rather be single on Valentine's Day than do all that cringy stuff

• Im sorted if pornhub premium is free again on Valentine's like last year😹

• A dildo. Problem solved.

• Sure let's hang out. LOL

• Go to the nightclub with me then

• Create a Valentines Day to pamper yourself :)

• Nothing
    Valentine's day is overrated
    Just a conformist capitalist invention so that you buy use less stuff
    There's nothing wrong with being single
    Enjoy freedom
    Don't use Tinder, it's full of creeps and losers