How would you react if your partner didn't get you a gift for Valentine's Day?

3914

Most Helpful Guys

• When a girl tells you not to get her anything , That is a lie , as for me I dont. really care if i get anything or not , I mainly just want her to dress sexy and give me great sex , i would be satisfied with just that lol

• If it wasn't a special occasion and my girl said she didn't want anything and her body language wasn't contradicting that statement, then I'd take her word for it 😂

But I'd probably always want to get her something nice so I don't know if that would hold up

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends on the other presents. My boyfriend didn’t get me a birthday present (or come to my party), so I was mildly upset when he didn’t get me anything for Valentine’s Day either.

• Dang, you should talk to him about it!

• I agree. I just don’t want to hurt his feelings.

• You shouldn't hurt his feelings if you come to him with a neutral perspective. If he gets hurt easily then approaching him about anything will get an emotional response anyways. Better to approach now than later on.

3712
  • I wouldn't care. It actually happened last year. I didn't even care. For some reason when I was single and seeing my friends getting upset about not getting anything. I thought I was going to be the same way like them. Getting upset and angry. Instead my boyfriend and I both agreed how Valentine's Day is stupid. But today he spoiled me with Valentine's gifts for some reason. I was questioning him why more than being happy lol.

• I would break up with them immediately until they fixed the issue of giving me my Flowers, Chocolates, and Candlelight dinner that I OF COURSE deserve. Period.

• Not a big deal, my birthday is the only time when I'd be upset if they forgot about it and maybe our anniversary, but then we could just celebrate. I don't see why someone should neccesarly give me a gift just because other people decided to give that day a specific meaning and make it special. Just because it is special for them it doesn't mean it has to be special for me.

• We should spend the day appreciating each other for who we are and not for the services we provide each other anyway.

But let’s just do something kinky and completely unknown to us. I’m A-ok with be laid up in the house all day.

• if its because he’s broke i think it would be fine as long as he tries to make up for it like spending the day with him at his house or mine. if he doesn't even acknowledge i would feel really bad and probably spend the day crying lol.

• He wanted to give me a gift but as usual he postponed it until last min then we started running in the mall to find an open shop but all were closed.

I found it funny as this is really him. :D

• How could my non existant partner forget to get me something?

• I would be upset but I understand if it becuase we were going to do something or had plans

• On a scale of 1-10, how upset?

• Ahh, yeah ikwym! By that point, it signifies something far greater than the gift itself.

• Since my birthday is on Valentine’s day I‘d be a little upset if they couldn’t even spare the time to get me some chocolates tbh :/

• i'd be ok with it. there's 364 other days to show someone how you feel

• My partner didn't give me a gift for Valentine's day. I felt sad for a little and I tried to let him know but I couldn't say it directly so I just hold that feeling

• You should tell him how you feel! Better say it sooner so it doesn't come out later in a big explosion. He may be very confused.

• Its fine, as long as I get my fine dining experience.

• I would be like, that's ok because I got YOU a valentines. And then also I would say that I had everything in God (my love from God and God's presence is enough for me).
    I am not entitled to anyone's anything (service, gift, words etc)

• Ah, so you are deciding to never get married because God gives you everything you need? You don't need friend because you have God? If everyone abandoned you and you were left with no one to help, how long would you honestly be fine with only God by your side?

• @HOAAH those are nice words, but if you ever find yourself in such a situation where you feel like your faith is the only thing you have left, then I wonder if you will say the same thing. If what you said before is true, then you have no need for this world or anyone in it, your only desire (other than serving god while you live) should be hoping for an early death so you can see him sooner, desiring anything else is pointless as he will provide everything you want once you die, and afterall, this world is basically meaningless if God is real, it only exists to test humans and decide how they will spend their eternity.

• @devilman666 My life is to live to love God, know God's love for me, and then LOVE OTHERS as much as I can. There's nothing more to my life that is MORE IMPORTANT than that.

• Doesn't surprise me after all these years.
    Before I met him, I would celebrate very romantically. Now, in order to stem hurt feelings, I just assume nothing will happen on that day.

• I would be very upset. He better have a good explanation why

• That's reasonable. What if he didn't have a good explanation? How would you react?

• I’d be upset and wondering if something had gone wrong between us... 😩 I may not say anything but I’d probably become more emotionally distant.

• Why wouldn't you say anything?

• It’s not in my nature. Since he’s more of a gift giver and thoughtful about that sort of thing by nature I’d assume he was upset. So when I was done sulking I’d try to figure out what’d changed between us and maybe ask in around about way.

• I wouldn’t really care about the regalo 🎁. We are usually long distance from each other from working and going to colleges very far. So having her around for even a sec. For Valentine’s Day was the best regalo 💝

• Bold of you to assume I have a partner. But even if I did, that wouldn't bother me.

• He didn't (even though I got him something). I'm not shocked though.

• It's not about gifts, he just needs to show me love. I don't like people spending money on me. I got the most amazing card; meant more than any gift.

• Gifts on Valentine’s Day really aren’t a big deal. If you get something, you should appreciate it. If you don’t, that’s fine too.

• Women give gifts? I'd be floored if a gift was given on any of the 365 days of the year.

• xD Yes women give gifts

• Noooo... my married friends envy, as in my married men friends envy my whatever it is because what I attract. However, you do bring up something I have come across a few times... divorced women who are not actually divorced let alone separated. More women 'lose' their rings than men by a great margin.

Give up? I wouldn't say that by any stretch. I just know the outcomes even only for a night or two.

• Yes, women do give gifts, I bought my boyfriend a record players and some Lp's so he can play his favorite artists on it. He's been wanting it for sooo long but he always buys me gifts or food so he couldn't but anything for himself.

• They are already a gift so it's not needed and would be fine if they didn't give one.

• Totally fine. I didn’t get him anything either, except a card cause I liked it. We don’t really celebrate valentines day

• How did I react? I didn't. Got nothing. Whatever. Treat me well on the regular and today doesn't need gifts.

• Depends on what he got me for Christmas and birthday since they're all so close. But also I'd be happy with a common chocolate.

• I would give him a kiss and tell him how much I love and appreciate him.

• I wouldn't care. Valentine's day means nothing to me.

• I wasn’t expecting anything but he got me something anyway

• LOL they know better then to screw me over with the gifts I deserve.

• I hate my life... Lol jk no not really but anyway i would say then you're not getting yours.

• He better be doing something for it

• No reaction, at least you have a partner

• Don'tgive a fuck. I can buy my own

• It’s just another day in the year!

• I'd be happy, it shouldn't be planned

• Eh, it doesn't matter

• Yup. I don't care lol

• I wouldn't expect one in the first place.

• It's fine. I would give him his present anyway

• cry myself to sleep... my life is over...

• really sad

• I told my boyfriend not too

• I would be ok with it.

• No gifts no valentine..

• Not the end of the world. He can give it to you another day anyway. No big deal

• I really don't care

• She could make up for it in the bedroom.

• And what if she didn't feel like it that day?

• I didn't say it had to be that day.

• I just want to know if you feel she should be obligated to do it?

• We both made very personalised gifts but neither of us bought anything of monetary value... I loved it