Guys, what makes you feel like a man?

I once read, there are 3 essential rules of what drives a man: who is his (his title), what he does (how he got that title), and how much he makes (the reward he receives for his efforts).

All three of these items need to be in sync for a man to feel he has fulfilled his destiny of being a man. These 3 resources are what gives the man the ability to be the provider & protector of his family, anything less, and he doesn't feel like a man.

Do you agree with this statement?
  • No
  • Yes
  • I like living without a purpose
    Vote C
So, the statement is basically saying, if a man does not have a title, job, source of income then he doesn't feel fulfilled as a man, because he cannot supply the basic necessities of life for himself or his family. Real men do what they have to do to make sure their people and themselves are taken care of, clothed, housed, and reasonably sastisfied, and if they're doing anything less than that, they're not men.
I honestly study the behavior of men as a hobby lol! Here are a few sites that I frequently visit:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/
forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18
http://goodmenproject.com/
http://www.askmen.com/
http://dappered.com/

Would Love to Hear Opinions on the sites & this Movie: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/08/10/how-to-feel-like-a-man-video/
People are confused on terminology:
Gender identity - refers to a person's innate, deeply felt psychological identification as a man, woman or some other gender. Sexual orientation -referring to an individual's physical attraction to the same and/or opposite gender, straight, gay, bisexual, asexual
Gender role/expression refers to all of the external characteristics and behaviors that are socially defined as either masculine or feminine, such as dress, grooming, mannerisms etc.
More sites: http://www.singleblackmale.org/, http://www.doctornerdlove.com/
What caused the switch in defining manhood

www.facebook.com/divorcecourt/videos/49447112555/

15145

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with that statement.

For me, what makes a man is someone who can provide for others, has great character. Protects his women and loves how to treat a women.

A man is an ambitious man who seeks to achieve things for himself and possibly his friends and family.

A man is a man who believes that working for what you desire and is passionate about should be more valuable then someone who works just for the money.

• This is a very thought out answer & I appreciate you for sharing it ;-)

• My issue with this statement is where does that put a man like the Dalai Lama?
      He is a good man by many standards, but not in any way defined as a traditional man.

Yet he does much for society.
      His path certainly is not wrong. He is definitely fulfilled.
      This cause me to wonder, what value does "being a man" even have?

Men take many different paths. Empathy, love, protection. These are traits all people have, not just men. A woman is defined by her ability to support her man and protect her children. Are those in contrast with the definition of a true man?
      The reality is, all genders do similar things that define us as exemplary humans. Men and women, due to gender roles, have different ways of expressing those exemplary behaviors.

My issue with your statement is that its not altruistic. I understand altruism is not common or always held in high regard, but it is an inclusive viewpoint, and is often more beneficial to non-altruistic viewpoints.
      But there is great groundwork in it.

• @IronDr4gon Weird, cause I'm a "White Knight" type. Though maybe not in the stereotypical way you would think.
      Yet I have been defined as an "alpha male" and as an exemplary, good human being. I did not sacrifice myself to become that kind of person.
      That person is who you evolve into if you follow that path for all the right reasons and invite wisdom into your life as the months go by.

There is no weak and submissive within a man who cares for others regardless of whether they share his skin color, sexual orientation, or genital design.
      A man who cares for others does not submit easily if he truly wishes for their well-being. He does not love under conditions, but he does not let others settle for less than they can give or take more than they deserve from him.