Was Anthony Bourdain's suicide selfish?

RolandCuthbert
Val Kilmer;

"“From every corner of the world you were loved. So selfish,” Kilmer wrote on Facebook on Friday. “You’ve given us cause to be so angry. A spiritual guide once told me suicide is the most selfish act a human can execute and I was confused but she explained there’s just no mental place further away from humanity and purpose than the hypnotized numbness that creates the false picture of despair, that forces the victim, unaware, to believe, life’s legacy is over.”

He added, “Those of us that knew you are shocked and angry and angry and angry selfishly angry, for what you just did to us… Oh Darkness. My prayer before the light breaks this morning of June 8th, is that it doesn’t ever again fool another warrior like you, who chased the hot slice of momentary satisfaction around the world 15 times, but found no reason for 16.”

I don't hate him for saying this. I know there has been a backlash. But I loved Anthony Bourdain. It was through people like him, I found reason to try to find happiness in life again. I began to travel. To talk to people from different cultural backgrounds. To experience life as fully as I could. It was through loving culture and loving different peoples, I began to like myself a little more.

He was so brilliant in making these points about walking in someone else's shoes and trying to see things from another person's perspective. But he is gone. And I am mad. Why did he take his own life? Didn't he know how many people loved him, learned from him? Why are all the smart people, the people who have important things to say about life and love leaving us?

I don't get it. I just know I will miss him terribly.

Was Anthony Bourdain's suicide selfish?
Was Anthony Bourdain's suicide selfish?
4
9