Does anyone know why Bumble shows a match’s city but not distance?

I was recently chatting with this guy and he lives about 8 miles from my home. He’s an active member. I read the app’s GPS is only activated when the person opens the app. Ok, so he tells me he rarely drives to my town. This past weekend I see he’s in my town (3.7 miles away) and then no distance is shown. Does that mean he was in my neighborhood? Not that I’m saying he’s a stalker. Just curious?

06

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah probably was not far , I get distances when they are active but not if they are inactive, then I just get miles. Unfortunately I’ve never had a connection yet

• Thanks. Was tripping out since I suspected he was near my house. Not that he was stalking me. Just so weird. So-are the women just as flaky? Guys are flaky and matches go nowhere. ☹️

• I think I have learned not to get my hopes up and not take anything personally. Harder said than done. So many of these matches disappear and others are dating multiple people. That’s online dating for you. Best of luck! Can’t give up hope though.

• Yeah all we can do is keep trying

• The distance feature is probably disabled when you get too close, so that the app doesn't become a stalking tool.

• Yeah, I’m thinking when you are very close (less than a mile) from you-it shows no distance. Scary what these apps can show.