Do guys really like girls with thick thighs?

**First I'd like to clarify, I mean thick, not fat**

I'm starting to hear it in songs a lot where the guy says he likes a thin waist with hips and thick thighs. I've heard guy friends say it too that they don't like little thighs on a girl. I always thought they did! My natural body shape is small on top, bigger on bottom. I have tiny arms, stomach waist, etc. (Although I have C boobs). But on the bottom, I definitely have big hips and thighs, but then my calves are small again.

I've worked out since puberty trying to make my thighs smaller and I'm realizing this is just the way they are. Toned but thick lol Is it true though, that guys really like girls with thick thighs? Or do they not?
  • I prefer thick thighs
    Vote A
  • I prefer thin thighs
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

5|4

Most Helpful Guys

• Most definitely you can be assured that 90% of guys like thick thighs. You see its a trend here, guys like all the things physically in a girl that guys don't have, and vice versa. Big breasts came first, than big butts, and now guys are finally coming out that they love thick thighs. And you're right, not fat thighs, but thick thighs... also, not super muscular thighs either (Ilike body builder ladies have), I'm sure many guys would agree with me that those are unattractive.

I was riding a plane today, and, being bored, I checked out some of the girls legs sitting near me (since I'm a major leg fan), two of them were boderline normal/thick, and I thought of them as very hot! But this other girl in front and to the right of me, right in my view wearing this short skirt, had these "stick legs", literally, its like the kind of legs you see in pictures of anorexic people, I didn't give her a second glance through the entire flight even though she was right there plain as day. And yet the girl sitting next to me, about average weight, maybe a little thick in a few area, she wore pants and was reading some book about weight management. To be honest, I think these thicker girls need to be ones wearing the shorts and skirts and being proud of their legs and these anorexic-looking underweight stick-leg girls should be reading the weight managment books (to gain some!) and put some pants on. Just my humble opinion of course, girls can do whatever they want to be happy. I just think what society says in terms of what is attractive and unattractive is way off base, and I'm surprised that in this enlightened age girls of average or thick proportions are on a never ending mission to look like the girl with the stick legs...

11|3
    5|2
    • Do you know what you smug faced narrow minded prick, it's none of you're business what she wears maybe she does eat a lot but doesn't gain weigyt, not her fault is it you fucking arsehole. It's not fair what you just said because girls are naturally skinny. And nowadays people are always saying skinny is unattractive and you have to have big legs big boots big ass. So don't start acting like it's all about the skinny girls cause it's not!!! Thick girls always get the attention and sympathy and all skinny girls get is vile comments on how they look when they can't help it and don't want to look like that! You are such an uptight cunt and you are sure going to hell.

• Show All
    • It's because of ads and I find it interesting like Victoria's secret models are seen as the epitome of sex appeal for women. Yes the women are very beautiful and I would definitely be tickled pink if any wanted sex with me. But as beautiful as they are, I find women with thicker thighs and hips and butt, definitely more sexually appealing. I saw and ad of Victoria's secret on tv and with the models and remember thinking, they are quite beautiful, but how they are soooo skinny and no booty or legs. Like a woman with Beyonce's body, I don't find her face all too great. But an example of very sexually appealing body to me is her body or Demi Lovato as an example of top of my head. I'm talking about before Demi's relapse with drugs over the summer, but how her body looks before that.

• This honestly sounds too picky 😐 get over yourself...

• LOVE thick thighs! :D. I find them extremely attractive especially when they touch, plus if a women is naturally meant to have thicker thighs than it is much healthier for her.

Something like this is hot!
    woman with thick thighs

16|20
    12|6
    • the first and last links don't work and the second girls looks fat.

• Show All
    • i think she is gorgeous and hot!

my 44 yo boyfriend would date her in a sec! He told me she is very sexy and thick thighs are great ESPECIALLY since she has a flat stomach and big boobs.. thick thighs with tummy rolls is not hot

• Super hot!!!

Most Helpful Girls

• a lot of guys love thick thighs, but what they don't like a big belly, especially if a girl has rolls.

Most girls with big thighs have sexy wide hips and nice butts. Again, fat rolls are a turn off.

A lot of guys are totatally into skinny thighs.

It depends on the guy and on the girl.

I am a skinny thigh girls and have dumped by a lot of guys in favor of a girl with thicker thighs, better hips, bigger butt, and esp bigger boobs! Bigger boobs are a deal breaker. I have been dumped so many times coz "that girl has really nice boobs!"

5|3
    0|0
  • I read a study that said hungry men and men who feel unstable about their financial status prefer thicker girls, probably because they would "survive a famine" better. don't know if it's true but... Fat guys are always hungry (due to blood sugar levels etc.) and tend to like fat/thick women. Black men have traditionally been opressed/the poor part of population and they generally prefer thicker women. Where I come from it can be quite clearly distinguished that the better off people are skinnier than the average/poor people. So...

P. S. In general I think guys care a lot less about it than girls do. Guys don't like to make it complicated, us girls do. WE are the ones secondguessing ourselves. And honestly, I think we put them off way more by acting manly than we do by showing them our thick thighs...

6|4
    5|3
    • This is the stupidest comment ever. It has nothing to do with poverty, thick thighs are attractive and you don't have to be poor to have them. Have you seen volleyball players, Serena Williams? It's in some people's genes. It's not just black men liking thicker women anymore, have you read the comments?

• Show All
    • @Idonthaveausername Yup. Also, the second biggest factory for choosing an attractive partner (after symmetry) is looking at the hip to waist ratio for women. for men it's the hip to shoulder ratio. I have large hips, and my hip to waist ratio is in the perfect ratio range. So, it's funny when people pretend it's all about fat vs skinny.

• @wolfcat87
      YES! I have the same ideal.70 ratio and girls make a big deal about it almost as much as guys check me out. And they guys really can't help it. They did another study that said men are more likely to remember a woman with the.70 ratio more than any other as well, so it is a subconscious, biological factor

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 202

• I should start out saying, guys are instinctively attracted to

- wide hips = good for child birth

- sufficient breast for milk for the children (yours are great)

- overall fitness for keeping up with the nomadic group when traveling.

you know that if you exercise a region a lot it builds muscle there, bulking you up in that location. Why do you think athletes who ride bikes have thick thighs?

If you want to loose fat deposits the exercise you need to do is cardiovascular, getting your heart rate and breathing up. To help ensure your muscles are long and thin but strong and flexible stuff like yoga and pilates is excellent. I think it's Pilates that increases your heart rate and breathing enough to incorporate cardiovascular, with the strength exercises while stretching for flexibility and long thin muscles. Whereas yoga typically doesn't quite get your heart rate as high, but yoga also helps with mental stresses

If you want more of an hourglass figure, perhaps try some upper body specific exercises to build some bulk up top. Not too much or you'll look like a guy.

As for my personal preference, I find that girls with stick legs and have too many bones sticking out all over the place in general, which is quite painful when you're in the bedroom.

3|0
    0|0
  • Like any physical trait, you'll find some guys who like them, some who hate them, and many who don't care much either way.

Women tend to gain and carry weight on their hips and thighs, while men tend to carry weight around their stomachs, but of course, genetics will cause a wide range of variation. And likewise, different men will find different things attractive. Some men want only big boobs, and some want only small boobs, and some don't care. Other men only care about the butt (some big, some small, etc.). And still others focus on other body parts.

But all of that is just *initial* attraction. Once a guy gets to know you, your individual body parts become much less important, no matter if they are attractive to him or not.

5|3
    0|0
  • I prefer thin thighs but there are plenty of gorgeous women with thick thighs that I just can't get enough of. I wouldn't even bother worrying about it, there is no true black and white in this area. There are plenty of guys who like either or both so I think you'll be fine regardless of how your thighs like. Just embrace what yo momma gave you!

2|1
    1|0
  • I'm not attracted to a girl because of what sized thighs she has. It's all about the whole package. Can't generalize. I tend to like thinner girls though, and thinner girls don't usually have thick thighs. The only body type that isn't attractive to me is fat... which to me means not enough of a waistline and/or flab. Other than that I've seen thick and thin girls that look sexy to me.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm obsessed with thick girls, especially ones with thick thighs. I also love a thick, healthy butt, and huge hips. Do your thighs look like the girl in the video below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ1VgqwwSV0

0|0
    0|0
  • I F***ING LOVE! that picture! I've seen it before aha. thick thighs are so hot! I think its natural and feminine, it just looks off... when you see a woman with stick legs with a big gap in the middle, it makes her legs look like they'd break the moment she is carrying a baby. a big gap in the middle is unnatural for many girls and according to many studies have shown it linked in with heart disease and early death.

Thick thighs ftw! :P love that ass and thighs

1|1
    0|0
  • Some guys like them, some don't. A big reason we see insecurities is because mainstream culture maintains a general preference for one and makes it look like only that one thing is attractive. It happens in cycles.

As for me personally, I'm indifferent.

1|0
    0|0
  • i like the happy gap link and I also like thinner girls. 1st link looks a little bit altered but if that's what she really looked like I wouldn't say no

1|1
    3|0
  • Dear if your happy with your body then people will be atracted to you! I like all body types an am always puzzled at some of the ladies that grab my attention as the don't all have perfect bodies: so I'd say sub consciously people are attracted to more than looks. I'd sat personality, bubble, good vibes ECT!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea something like this is hot
    girl with thick thighs
    But I think I prefer this more
    woman with beautiful thighs
    Miss Columbia omfg what a goddess

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, thick thighs all the way. There's just something sexy about filled out shaped thighs that wins hands down. In fact I genuinely look at it as an aesthetic thing, flat stomach with thick, muscly, toned thighs just screams sexy in the same way that a guy with big thick arms and a slim waist probably would to a woman I guess. Not everyone is the same though, some girls prefer skinny guys without thick arms just as some guys prefer skinny girls without thick legs. It all comes down to personal preference but in general thick thighs and slim waist convey a sexual aesthetic image and most guy's go for this just as most girls would go for an aesthetic sexually conveyed guy with thick arms and a slim waist.

All the girls I've dated have had rather thin thighs though (by chance) but it certainly hasn't put me off because thighs aren't and shouldn't be the determining factor in whether you really like someone, unless you're superficial.

4|0
    0|0
  • I have preferred thin girls my whole life. With few exceptions. Thin, petite, small everywhere. The only large thing i like is a full long head of hair down to mid back or waiste

2|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, I don’t care for thick thighs. It may be due to my age and what I grew up with. I prefer tall thin girls without a lot of “junk in the trunk” 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally love thick thighs! Find them very physically attractive. From a psychological standpoint tho. Most guys do like thick thighs.. why? We are animals... simple as that. We see a woman with thick thighs and see them as the perfect partner to mate with. The most “fit” to birth a child. We also see this as healthy. I’m not saying all guys are like this but most whether they believe or not this is the main reason aside from a just “sex”.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I like thick thighs. Thigh gaps are not a deal-breaker though, I just prefer ladies with a little meat on them

3|0
    0|0
  • Notice how a higher proportion of men prefer thick thighs, but a higher proportion of women prefer thin thighs. This is one of those beauty standards imposed on women by women. I personally like thick thighs, as long as you’re not significantly overweight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Embrace your thickness. Small waist with thick thighs means you got the perfect thigh-to-waist ratio. Usually it also means you got wide hips and a fat ass.

Even slim girs need a certain degree of thickness:

1|0
    1|1
  • The first one is a 10 to me the second one is like a 3. If your legs are like the first link then you have really sexy legs.

3|0
    0|0
  • Where's the "I don't care" option :( cause I really never really care about thighs and don't notice unless I'm caressing or kissing them or something >.>

3|0
    1|0
  • It depends on a lot of other things if your talking about yourself i would I think it's very sexy and you'd probably carry it well so I would say it's hot

1|0
    0|0
    • Happy New Year how are you thank you for the best answer

• This really depends on personal preference, and what someone means and thinks when they say thick thighs. Because thick for some people just means fat, but some say that to just "thick" thighs, that is muscular to a point.
    Voted thin thighs, but actually i prefer if she is all around proportionate and fit looking, not too skinny not too thick/big.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and we don't mean fat girls. Just like when girls say : "I want a nice guy." They don't mean a nerdy nice doormat, they mean a socially intelligent guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl eats minimal sugar and junk food, and also work out (weights). I love fit thighs on a healthy girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • i love all girls. Fun to meet girls with all sorts of looks, likes and attitudes. Love tgick thighs some days but also love skinny ones too. what can i say.

3|0
    0|0
  • In my own simple world ''thick'' is just another expression for ''fat''. And ''fat'' is an excessive/unnecessary accumulation of non-muscular body mass.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too much skinny is turn off for me.. Otherwise it is okay.. If a girl have cellulite I don't prefer it too.. Average build is perfect for me.. Nice size natural booties and boobies without tummy fat are perfect..

0|0
    0|0
  • Thicker than usual? I don't really dig it (probably because I'm a little more on the slender side myself). I think normal thighs or even more athletic thighs look best. But if she really likes me and I like her, who cares? I'd give it a shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Thick thighs thin thighs. ... Shit I am just humbled and honored when I'm allowed to be between them

1|1
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter thick or thin. She's yours if you love her forever. But if I have to choose one I will definitely pick thin thighs. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 56

• tbh its gonna depend on what the guy are into... some are into thicker ones and others into the skinny ones

3|2
    0|0
  • men and women are really only programmed to like what society says is in. 20 years ago in the 90s being THIN was in, and guys would have probably abhorred the idea of thick thighs the way we look at them and think, oh gosh, it looks like they didn't eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, not in reality, almost all the guys I know prefer thin thighs.
    This poll is just another example of fake voting by some fetishist who has hundreds of sock-puppet profiles (duplicate level 1 profiles used mostly for voting and faking poll results).
    That guy obviously has no life.

1|1
    1|0
  • I have thick thighs, round booty and small waist, no belly even after 2 kids. Haven’t done an ab in my life. I do weights to prevent cellulite, though. The point is that I always felt that guys like my body shape. I feel very lucky because I literally have this shape with zero effort. I’m definitely lucky. I am 100% sure guys love a well defined waist and thick thighs.

1|0
    0|0
  • All of the guys I know love thick thighs and it's taken me a while to learn to love them (and sometimes I am still learning to love them), and I have heard only scant people say otherwise.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's really not about race more like the taste the men have. I understand your issue I'm small on top thick in thighs and small from then on. A lot of guys like thick and some like thin you just gotta find the right person who makes you feel like you feel like yourself and that you can be you. He is out there somewhere you just gotta work to find him! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • This is all I can say for myself.

4|2
    0|0
  • Honey, there is a seat for every ass as they say.

What that means is no matter how you look, there are probably plenty of men (and women) who really go for your body type. Dress to flatter your body, take care of your hair and face, top it off with a confident attitude and maybe a big hair-flower, and you will find people who affirm who you are and like you for your whole package, especially your personality.

Hair-flowers hide a multitude of sins...

2|1
    0|0
  • the first one looks just like me!... if I were sucking in my tummy a little hahaha

so I'm glad guys like thick more than skinny. I was wondering that myself the other day as this tall stick in heels walked into the room I was in

0|1
    0|1
  • YASS THICK THIGHSSS. i think the attractiveness of thick thighs comes more from how toned they are though.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't care what guy's think but the size of thighs big or small can be unhelpful! Mine are thin and I wore a pair of thigh boots and they just looked awful. Thankfully not all boots fit the same

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they will part far enough for guys to get to the goodies between them it is nothing to be very concerned about!

1|1
    0|0
  • Just saying, working out your legs to get skinny legs doesn't make them skinny, only thicker bc of the musclesyoure making. But hell yea thick thighs save lives!

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey, I have thighs kinda like that :) My boyfriend loves them and I think they're awesome, but it does all depend on the guy. But there is definitely someone out there who likes them like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all guys are the same of course, but yes they do love some thick thighs, feminine curves, if you will?

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone's like "ACCEPT THICK THIGHS" and it's like yes we all are accepting them, but some girls naturally do not have curves, and we need guys too.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer thick thighs.
    This is why I go to the gym all the time - squats make your thighs and bum bigger!! 🍑🍑

0|2
    0|1
  • Plenty of guys love thick thighs, don't worry about it. A lot of them love all types of thighs actually lol

0|0
    0|0
  • A boy likes bones a man likes meat.
    That’s what I was told growing up around my parents and family members.

0|2
    0|0
  • I haven’t had any issues with guys not liking my thighs... I’m not fat either but I do have hips and thighs

1|0
    0|0
  • Girl with thin thighs who likes girls with thick thighs <3

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends in the individual. I personally think toned legs regardless if thick or slim, are admired

0|0
    0|0
  • The first one looks excellent.. the second one looks SICK!

1|1
    1|3
  • I like the second link but nice ass in the first one.

1|1
    0|0
  • I’m bi, and I love girls with thin thighs, but I myself have thic thighs, and my ex always said he really liked my legs, so I guess guys like it

0|0
    0|1
  • i think it depends on the guy, i like curvy girls personally

0|0
    0|1
  • Every one is different. I have a huge thigh gap, some guys love it some guys think its nasty.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wish my legs were thinner but guys always liked my sexy thick legs I think during sex they quite like it...just make sure its toned;)

0|1
    0|0
  • not just guys, wide thick thighed babes get me cooking too

0|1
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes