My boyfriend follows random girls on Instagram, should I be worried?

My boyfriend for just over a year recently has been following random girls on Instagram and it’s making me
feel so uneasy and at times insecure about myself, I trust him but before he wasn’t doing this. Does this mean anything?

Like should I be worried? I feel like if I call him out on it il sound annoying and nagging which I’m not like that with him. Could I get some advice pls?

56104

Most Helpful Guys

• It doesn't mean anything. Men and women are different. Guys just admire the female form. It means that he has an impulse to stick his dick in them. But it has nothing to do with you.

The penis has a mind of its own; it's separate from his mind and heart. Whereas, the vagina is more intimately connected with the heart and mind. Which is why women always ask questions like these, always show concern. But it is not necessary. He is just admiring beauty. It doesn't mean you're not enough for him; it doesn't mean you're not giving him something he needs. It just means "Oooooh look at the shiny."

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • 4 chicks who are going to experience a lot of heartache and confusion, because they can't understand or accept male nature. Men aren't women.

• I'd assume not, but I don't use much social media, so I don't know the intricacies of flirting by liking pictures and whatnot.

You feel insecure because he talks to other women? I suggest looking deeper at yourself then, from my expeirence insecurity comes from within, not from external forces, so this fear is probably based off of your fears and past much more than it is to his actions (though maybe he is, i don't know). Have you ever experienced people using this method to cheat? A parent maybe? A friend? Maybe you did? People often connect the past and present even if the circumstances are different, so if you saw someone else cheat in a similar way you will unconsciously feel worried.

You say you trust him, but if you get this worried over this, either you don't trust him much, or you are very insecure. From my experience, insecurity acted like an inflatable bed of trust issues. It'd slowly build up until my insecurity overwhelmed my trust and I felt certain I was being cheated on, even from ridiculously small things, like she'd send me a message "hey..." and I'd think to myself "here we go, she's about to tell me she cheated".

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • An ex doing similar things could trigger it too, or just being cheated on a lot. There are more reasons why these insecurities can build up too.

• I guess , it’s just the first time I’ve been like this with someone my ex was a very loyal person he never done things like this however we were way younger. I’m scared that’s all, because I’ve been really committed I don’t wanna over think or if I do ask him he will feel like I’m being a nag.

• @asker I'd suggest bringing it up to him them, but take responsibility for the feelings. Tell him that it's based in insecurity and that you need to know so you can stop worrying. If you phrase it wrong it will probably turn into a fight because you will come off sounding accusatory instead of like you want answers.

Again, did you have any similar experiences of have you been used often? Maybe some friends brought it up to you at some point? This doesn't seem like a natural fear and you said yourself that it makes you feel insecure. A counsellor could help with insecurities, but you could probably just be honest with him about how you feel. As long as you don't come across like you're blaming him then it should be okay. I think he should be able to understand insecurity and want to help you get past that, imp he wouldn't care much about you if he didn't.

Most Helpful Girls

• I've been with guys who did this it really wound me up, but that was also because I had good reason not to trust them.
    You have to go with your gut instinct, besides the follows, are there any other signs?
    Is he being shady with his phone, or acting any different with you?
    Still intimate, spending time with you and all that?
    Usually it's coupled with other behavioural traits as opposed to just the one.

If it bothers you just bring it up once, he's your boyfriend and if something is bothering you you should be able to have an adult conversation about it. If he flips out or acts defensive then you know there's more going on.
    I'd say keep your guard up, just be wary of any changes.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I'd talk to him about it, but in a calm way. I wouldn't want my SO to accuse me of something that could just be mindless boredom like most social media.

I'd just tell him up front, that him suddenly following a bunch of random girls made me feel uneasy. Let him know it's not that you don't trust him, it just makes you feel a little insecure.

I'd also avoid accusing him right now, because that puts everyone on the defensive and doesn't allow open communication. In the meantime, reflect on WHY it makes you uncomfortable. If there's an insecurity on your part, or trust issue of some sort that he hasn't given any reason for, then that's something you need to work on.

You can let him know that too, and just ask him to be patient with you while you work on it. Then actually work on it. Try to remember why you trust him, why you care about him, and what kind of person he is. Never ignore your instincts, but don't let fear or insecurities rule your emotions either. But definitely talk to him before you get all psyched out over it.

If he acts distant, hides his phone, suddenly puts a lock on it, etc, then I'd be prepared for worst case scenario.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE