Is it really not suitable for girls at my age to wear mini skirts?

Is it really not suitable for girls at my age to wear mini skirts ?
I'd like to wear mini skirts similar to the one in above pic. It's so cute and attractive! But my mom always says no. So is it really not suitable for me teen girl?
Updates:
I agree to a miniskirt this short will attract excessive sex attention, so I'd better avoid it. Mid-thigh length is a better choice.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have to know your age.

If you were my daughter I would probably defer to the school dress code. If not for school then I would say be careful when you bend over.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm 16. the pic is not mine.

• Show All
    • I think that is appropriate for school.

• It is very likely you will get way more attention for this than you are ready to navigate. It sucks, but some dudes are just highly cock motivated. Maybe it will just become one of those things to look forward to about getting older.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually don't comment on people's style but if you were my daughter i wouldn't let you wear a miniskrit either. You just send a really bad image of yourself, you can't dress like that when you get older either if you ever want someone to take you seriously and respect you. It's degrading and people WILL believe you're a slut. Sorry.

2|2
    1|0
    • what about leggings or tights under mini skirts?

• That would be more appropriate. But the skirt from your pic is just not a skirt. Try to opt for something that's at least a few inches longer and then you can wear tights under. Believe me i love skirts too, but I wear tights unless it's only little above my knees or at least mid-thigh if I'm going to a party, but it depends on the type of dress I'm wearing. Either way you should always opt for something that will put you in a better light and show the respect you have for yourself and your body.

• thanks for mho hun

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• That's way too short are you trying to get a bunch of guys?

1|3
    0|0
  • It's a nice skirt. My question is why you're asking strangers on the internet?

If you want to wear the skirt, go for it
    If you do not want to wear the skirt, that's okay also

It's up to you to decide

0|0
    0|0
  • It really shouldn't matter, but sadly the reality is that if you wear a really short skirt you will probably get some unwanted attention.

0|0
    0|0
    • do u mean sexual assault?

• Not necessarily, just that some might think your easy and some might approach you because they think your easy.

• miniskirts are the secound best thing to happen to fashion. yogapants being the best.

0|2
    1|0
  • this isn't a skirt... this is a belt... much too short
    I wouldn't let my daughter wear it.
    Listen what your mom says... she knows better than you.

0|0
    1|0
  • I say if that is what you like then wear it. Just keep in mind that with every choice there is a consequence.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know maybe not a skirt like that maybe like a longer one or a pencil skirt? But it is your decision after all and that's all that matters

0|0
    0|0
  • too short!

1|1
    0|0
  • it's fine

0|1
    2|0
  • I'd say that belt would look great on you!

0|1
    0|0
  • sure why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it, wear it with pride

0|0
    0|0
  • nope that one is too short

0|0
    0|1
  • It looks beautiful and pretty and cute and awesome and sexy and attractive and you have very nice long legs and it's so suitable for you

0|1
    0|0
  • As much as I don't like to tell people how to dress if I can see the bottom of your underwear the skirt is to short

0|0
    0|1
    • umm I don't think the skirt in the pic is such short.

• if i was your father, id be telling you, HELL no

2|1
    0|0
  • If you were my daughter, no skirt shorter than knee-length would be acceptable!! Leggings and Yoga pants, might be ok with a skirt over them.
    Don't try to grow up too fast!!
    There are too many pervs out there, and what might be popular, or 'cute' to you and your friends, might get you into trouble with some crazy fool!!

1|1
    0|0
    • Only skirts longer than knee-length are allowed at my school too. But it's only for students. I have ever seen some teacher wearing skirts shorter than knee at school.

• Show All
    • Because it looks so cute on her!

• No it's not cute honey, it's too short even for someone her age. It will. only attract the bad kind of attention. Listen to this guy

What Girls Said 22

• well i love wearing mini skirts but this is way too short for anyone regardless of age unless they're a stripper!
    any shorter than this i think looks too short!
    usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9196066_f520.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Too short and you will be assumed to be wanting to show that it is easy to get to you. Just the way it is. Plus it is damn easy for somebody to see your underwear. But hey, I was 16 once and I tried it too so it's normal to want to dress like that. Just remember that your mum was that age once too, she wanted to dress the same and she might have learned the hard way what bad things can come of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can wear whatever makes you feel good as long as it is not disrespectful to your own person ^-^

1|0
    2|0
  • what age IS it suitable? people say you're too young then you're too old. maybe 22-25 is 'ok' lololol

0|0
    0|0
    • It's suitable or not depending on where to wear them but not how old she is. My school doesn't allow mini skirts. But it should be ok I suppose when out with friends.

• I'd say they are inappropriate for a teenager to be wearing.

1|1
    1|0
  • the skirt in the pic. is REALLY short.
    do not match it with high heels it won't look appropriate

1|2
    0|0
  • Okay, i love short skirts and all but even that draws a line 0_0 like that is seriously short , doesn't even look like a skirt, let alone covering any part of you...

0|0
    0|0
  • They're fine for 16 as long as they're not too crazy short

0|0
    0|0
  • thats interesting , my mom tells me im to old to wear mini skirts and yet i see woman in their 40s in glamor & vogue wearing them,

0|0
    0|0
    • lol people think very differently. what about the miniskirt in pic?

• i think lenth wise tad bit longer like a quarter inch

• Teen girls look more appropriate than someone my age I think?

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait until you are a bit older then it will be suitable.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's not a skirt, that's a belt. If your mom says no, then it's inappropriate

0|0
    1|0
  • I do not wear skirts that often, I'm tomboyish. However, if you want wear it, go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not let other people tell you of want to wear. It looks cute

0|0
    0|0
  • underwear showing . too short .

0|0
    0|0
  • my ass would literally show in that

0|0
    0|0
  • Under her household, probably not

0|0
    0|0
  • it is fine

0|0
    0|0
  • That's way to short, that's for clubbing and or hoeing around. It looks cute but trust me, it's not so cute when you try to leave the house in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are way too short. Your mom is right. They are not suitable for any age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl, we can barely see her slip! DON'T even think on wearing something like that.. please๐Ÿ˜ฆ

1|0
    1|0
  • It's absolutely fine

1|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes