What do you guys think of dyed hair?

Well as you can see I have dyed hair, it's a pinky purple colour, I don't bleach it, never have, because I don't wanna dry out my hair. I mix 2 boxed colours and it turns out well!

Now apparently there are loads of guys who dislike dyed hair. It's not for everyone, we all have different preferences, some like it, some don't. A few people say girls just dye their hair for attention and usually have emotional issues. Personally I dye mine for one reason... I like this colour better than my natural one. That's it. Also I hate attention, I have social anxiety, I don't want people staring at me and I'm quiet too.

I'd like to know how you all really feel about dyed hair? 😊

I'm not gonna get offended if you hate it, at the end of the day we all have a type and an opinion.What do you guys think of dyed hair??

2|1

Most Helpful Guy

• On younger girls, like you, I love it! But my mom seems to think she is really cool and she dyes it those extreme colours too. That is where I draw the line between cool and not cool. My mom does it for attention and because people say she shouldn't. She likes to be "in your face" and over the top, so I have a hard time liking it on everyone.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you 😊 Oh I see what you mean! That's fair enough, I personally wouldn't want my mum to go a bright colour. I saw a woman in town that looked about 80 and she had candyfloss pink hair! It kinda made me hungry for it πŸ˜‚

• Yeah, my mom is in her late 60's and it looks like to me like a pathetic excuse to retain on to her youthfulness that was gone 30 years ago.

Most Helpful Girl

• By the way, that hair color looks fabulous on you!😊 I don't share the common opinion, people look best with their natural hair color. I think we have the potential to look even better with dyed hair, it can look good if done right and color is well chosen. I prefer hair dyes that are natural colors by far (shades of blonde, brunette, and ginger). I'm not a fan of unnatural hair colors, unless it's a dark one like yours.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh thank you πŸ˜„ That's fair enough, well everyone's natural colour suits them cause that's what goes with their skin colour and complexion so that makes sense. I agree! I've seen some really bad ones though.
      Actually I agree, my friend dyed her hair bright blue, wasn't to my personal taste. The thing is when it washed out the colour went all funny πŸ˜•

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I find it very unique and attractive. It really depends though some colors may look better on someone than others. It's all about complimenting your natural beauty.

2|0
    0|0
    • Ah yes, I've seen some crazy colours! Some people are very brave haha. What do you think about the grey/silver hair craze?

• actually I like that color a lot, but it's probably because to me that color is usually associated with someone who is old and wise.

• Me too, I think on the right person it can look gorgeous ☺
      Oh course ^.^

• To me it's like the icing on a cake. It can define a person -- add character. It's not necessarily needed, but we shape ourselves to our own liking, do we not? :3

2|0
    0|0
    • I agree, I'd never change based on anyone else's opinion. Just curious as to how others feel about it 😊

• Show All
    • That sounds awesome!! πŸ˜„
      I don't think I could get away with that but I love the look 😊
      Of course, sometimes we just need a change.

• Wow! That was really well-put! I loved that description 😍😍

• I just love coloured hair like this. There is a girl near my home that has rainbow colours. Another has turquoise. Both look amazing!

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it especially with make up that accents it in a creative way. Then again I've always really been into metal, punk, and goth girls so my opinion may be a little biased lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it if it looks like the pictures you posted, but usually it doesn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind highlights/ombre on brunettes but hair colors like this are way too much in my opinion.
    I like my women humble and classy, I don't really think I would be compatible with these girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it! I used to dye mine back in my clubbing days.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person, but in general I like it. Dyed my hair myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • dyed hair pretty sick as long as the person can pull it off

1|0
    0|0
  • As I always say with things like this for me it depends on the individual girl and if it suits her or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it. Dyed my own hair a few times in my youth.

1|0
    0|0
  • It can look good-fantastic depending on who does it and how it is worn.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it

1|1
    0|0
  • I like girls with them type of hair dye styles.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • I really like it and support self expression

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 21

• it's cool i've done platinum blonde but never an unnatural colour, unfortunately i can't do it right now

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the color and how well it suits the person but generally I love it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its perf.

I think its your hair and your life so do what you want. I've seen some crazy colors of the day but this is def one of the best out there. Be sure to treat your hair as often as possible to prevent damage.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love dyed hair! It looks fun, but it damages it as well so

1|0
    0|0
    • This is true, my sister really damaged hers and had to get it all cut out 😣

• Show All
    • Lmao 'tho' 2x

• Wow! ok that's pretty cool! I didn't know that πŸ˜› Haha

• I had black roots to cobalt blue ombre I love it, I want to get diff dark color highlights next like blues purples maybe green and pink I seen a pic of it

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it! I currently have blonde hair with purple roots. I have had every color in the rainbow before.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it. I've had mine bright red since Dec 2013. It looks just like the girl in my profile pic.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm black so I canot dye my hair without damaging it greatly. I have worn unnatural hair color extensions and have had fun with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • i prefer natural colours like blonde brown red or black.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depending on how thick their hair is it would look nice, I think it's fun and cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have dyed blonde hair. Well actually ombrΓ© hair rn. So I think dying it is fine

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it it looks so cool and pretty, especially with all the different variations and color combinations that can be done.

0|0
    0|0
  • I remember a girl it look very pretty on! Not my style.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it rn I have purple, blue, and pink hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • One of my nieces dyes her hair and guys love her

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it. I once had purple hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • hate it.

0|0
    0|0
    • What type of hair colour do you like? I mean in terms of natural colours.

• Show All
    • oh I see, but dark hair is already beautiful 😊 That sounds pretty cool.

• aw thanks😊

• It looks pretty.

0|0
    0|0
  • i love it

0|0
    0|0
  • I will be totally honest here... If the person is under 25, I assume that they are having a good time and appreciate it. If they are over 25, I assume that they are compensating for being unable to find a career or that they have experienced something that drives them to seek attention at any cost. It probably is not always the case, and I feel a little bad about admitting it, but you asked for honesty.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes