Should a 14-15 year old dye her hair?

I'm 14 turning 15 in September. I have black hair and i only plan to dye the ends of my hair light brown. I dont want to dye my whole head, just the ends. Or 1/3 my hair length.

Will it be bad for my hair if i dye it? Has my age got anything to do with that?
Should i dye it at this age or wait a little longer?

193

Most Helpful Guy

• You're in a perfect age to dye your hair, because you don't have responsabilities in a job and you don't have the disadvantage of giving not such a serious impression. You also have the advantage of being in an age where most girls don't dye their hair so it'll be easier for you to look different.

I notice you are worried about your hair, but if I were you, I would ask to an expert how to care about your hair after dying it and I would dye it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Noticeably no- if you take good care of your hair and it is nice condition at the moment then dying your hair slightly light brown won't damage it too much or enough to be noticed. I'm 15 and I've dyed my hair faded into blonde recently (it's naturally brown) and my hair looks and feels the same. If you look after it properly and use heat protectant, don't overuse curlers, striaghtners etc. and get it cut when you notice split ends arise you'll be fine. I say go for it! Just don't overdo hair dye because if bleach is used to lighten the hair frequently it will start to get damaged.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE