Do girls like guys with earrings?

I had my ears pierced one time, but now I'm wondering if I should get them done again, do girls like guys with earrings?
guys with earrings?
guys with earrings?

2|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't mind stud earrings on guys. It depends on the guy and what his features are, but I can even really like it. However, I don't think I'd really like hoops on a guy, and I definitely don't care for anything that stretches the hole out (gauges). I'm not sure what plugs are.

4|0
    0|0
    • I think if a guy wants to wear earrings, the best bet is normal sized diamond, gold, or silver studs. Piercing just one ear is an option too.

• Show All
    • Most people on the street refer to them as gauges but its not the proper term. I used to do that as well until I used the term in front of my piercer and he almost punched me. (pet peeve of theirs), and all the sites that sell piercings refer to them as plugs as well. Just got used to the term. But yeah, your average person, especially those who don't have them, refer to them as gauges.

• Yeah, that's good to know. Thanks.

• I always thought diamond or crystal studs were attractive on guys for some reason if they aren't miniscule. Then they just look girly.

Gauges are fine, as long as they aren't to the point where you're earring hole won't grow back. Don't know the exact size though.

Nothing that hangs either.. That's just wrong on so many levels. :P

Hm, and if you get them done, I suggest getting both pierced.

I'm not a fan of the whole only one side pierced thing. Doesn't look uniform. Slightly annoys me, but that's just me.

But honestly, it's your choice. If you really want them, go for it. [:

3|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 166

• Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • I say if you like it, then it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I like piercings in general, so ear piercings on guys are no big thing. I'm more partial to gauged ears than like, diamond studs, but that's just my style. I have my ears gauged to a 00 and tend to find similar things attractive on other people, haha.

1|0
    0|0
    • I totally agree-- I like gauges much beter than diamonds. especially big diamond studs on white guys.... those are bad.

• Bahaha. I don't know anyone who really pulls off the huge diamond studs because no one I know wears them, but I'm sure there's someone out there somewhere. =P I can't help but laugh though because they remind me of my brother like five years ago when he thought he was so gangster, hahaha.

• I love gauges. I only have super tiny ones, 12, but I'm slowly trying to convince my mom to let me go to an 8. It's small but so adorable to me.

• I think it depends on both the girl AND the guy! Everybody has different tastes! But don't change something you like just because some girls don't like it. They should like you for you! Tattoos, earrings, piercings, the way you dress, if some girl doesn't like that and can't see through it, they obviously aren't good enough for you!

0|0
    0|0
  • I really prefer NO earrings for guys. To me, they just look too feminine on a guy. Even if he’s especially tough-looking, at best it will look trailer-park-ish or like he’s just plain trying too hard.

If you MUST get a piercing, make it just ONE tiny stud on your earlobe. Whatever you do, DO NOT wear cans, hoops, pencils, safety pins, or any of the other weird objects I’ve seen. That’s just weird and gross (to me).

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol. When my friend pierced my ear he did it with a safety pin and I had that in for a few days until I got actual earrings. It did look weird and gross.

• I love earrings on a guy :) My best friend got his ears pierced a few weeks ago, and I found it sexy ^^

It should be carefully chosen though, because earrings can give a strong negative vibe if inappropriate. Given your description, I'd say dark studs are a nice choice :)

Anyway, if you get tired of it you just have to take it off and the skin will fill the piercing so it's not like it'll be stuck for the rest of your life :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm.. I personally do NOT like guys with earrings. Having diamond earrings is a definite NO. PERIOD. That's tacky and cheesy. I don't know of any women who'd enjoy that. You don't wanna come off feminine either. Pierced ears are probably not the greatest of ideas.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really like it at all, but I know that some girls do. If you do get it done, don't get a gauge, don't get anything huge, and don't get a dangly earring. Something that is small and not flashy at all if you are gonna do it. But that's me. Some girls would probably disagree. And, I think that one looks better than both ears.

0|0
    0|0
  • With or without, it doesn't really matter to me. I like piercings in general though so I definitely wouldn't be opposed. I like the look of gauged ears more than diamond studs or something, but that's just my style.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the guy... if he can pull it off then its hot. but if a guy is walking around with two (or one) huge diamond in his ear(s) it can sometimes just look obnoxious and silly. I'm actually not a big fan of it, but that's not typically something I judge on guys ya know?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you had pictures of yourself on your profile I could tell you what I think for you specifically.

My guy has his ears pierced. Both of them. SEXY! He wears the diamond studs (real diamonds, please, lol) or tiny silver hoops.

But really it depends on your face. Some guys just look goofy with their ears pierced.

Oh! And Will Smith (my life love since I was 6) has both ears pierced. MMMM! Sexy! :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • I like them on the guys who have the features and facial structure to pull it off well. As long as you don't have GIGANTIC gauges, I think they look good. Keep in mind, it hurts to get your ear stretched for gauges.

0|0
    0|0
  • Silver looks okay, gold can only look good on black guys (sorry if thats racist, im only talking about matching colours to skintone).
    To me, they look ugly when worn with very short hair. Silver hoops in the top part of the ear look best on guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it all depeneds on the guy. Overall I'd say no, I'm not a fan of them. However, there are a select few guys who honestly can pull them off and look very hot. Mostly to me they just look sort of trashy or "big man" looking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Diamonds and 'bling' earrings on guys looks really sleazy and not nice at all. Piercing style earrings and stretchers can look cool if you have the matching style (other piercings, tattoos, clothing etc.)

0|0
    0|0
  • I typically like when guys wear a diamond stud in each ear. It portrays wealth and confidence. The guys I'm seeing now only has one ear pierced- he wears a small black stud. I like earrings on a guy--if they can pull it off. If a guy looks stupid in earrings its a major turnoff. I don't like hoops or anything like that, just studs. Oh and only on the lobes--cartilage piercings on men are a scream for attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it :) But preferably just in one ear though.

1|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I don’t think it’s a big deal... it’s not my personal preference. And one stud is better than two. For some reason, and I know it’s doesn’t make sense so don’t give me a hard time ahahah but if a guy has two big diamond studs he comes across a bit vain to me 😕

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as he's handsome he can wear anything.
    A lot of tattoos, piercing, earrings, I'm totally ok👌i like it

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer stud earrings or a large plug.

Some guys pull it off, and they look great with ear piercings.

The hoops are very feminine to me and are a bit of a turn off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I literally couldn't care less about ear piercings. I like guys who can pull off a septum piercing but it rarely actually looks good so it's safer to just go with no piercings at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know two guys with earrings. One of them looks pretty stylish he has three holes in one ear but he's very manly, confident . The other guys has an earring and looks rather feminine, I guess it depends a lot on personality

0|0
    0|0
  • the only type of ear piercing on a guy I like is gauged. I hear wearing one earring on your left side indicates to the whole world that you're gay. gg.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy I think-i've seen guys wearing a pair of earrings and they look gorge, but other guys just wouldn't suit them. I hate it when guys wear one earring though-if you're gonna do it then do it proper lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like when guys have studs in there ears it's sexy the only ting I don't like is when some guys have those big dimond earrings that is have the size of their ear

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer men to not have any but I seem to always date guys that do. I don’t mind it. Just not something that I like.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's hot on some guys but others can't pull it off. Most definitely only studs! Hoops just look silly and gauges creep me out 😮

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not a fan. But I know some women that like that look.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn’t really make a difference to me. I’ve dated guys with pierced ears but it wasn’t something I payed attention to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I for one am absolutely crazy for guys with earrings... and piercing in general... if they wear it..

0|0
    0|0
  • No it would turn me off personally. But if you like them who cares what other people's opinion is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 25

• The specific style matters and the specific man too. I personally wouldn’t look good with ANY style of earrings on and I’m honest enough to know that. There was a time where I wanted to get earrings but I eventually came to my senses with the help of my dad. My dad said something to the similarity of “Earrings? Men don’t wear earrings, they’d look ugly on you.” My personal opinion, it depends on the man and his personal style.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you thinking of piercing your body if it will get you laid more, or do yo want a piercing and your not sure because the girls might think your gay and then you won't get laid as much?
    Boy that's a hard desition. I would probably go with if you like it and want one go for it. The girl your calls to be with will love you weather you look gay or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't think of it as a trend. Some guys like it, some think it's gay. If you like it, get it, because there's plenty of women out there that think its hot.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a girl but can explain it very simple.

Everyone has own likes and dislikes.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm a dude, so you probably don't care what I'd think.
    But personally, I never understood why another guy would do that.
    Everytime I see a dude with his ears pierced, I think it makes the dude look like a sissy.

0|0
    2|2
  • I don't see the big deal. Just don't follow that revolting ear stretching fad. That is fukkin gnarly lookin!

0|0
    0|0
  • Makes em look like fags, who cares what girls want?

0|2
    1|1
  • Before you go all the way and get your ears pierced, try wearing those big, pink clip-on ones for awhile and see how you like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a hard time believing it matters that much to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • My wife didn't like it and when we started going together she asked me to stop wearing earrings.

I complied.

0|0
    0|1
  • It looks kind of gay. I don;t know what look that is suppose to be. I want earrings on a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well hopefully not, everytime I see another guy that has earings I instinctively want to pull his ears off cause the boy ain't right.

0|0
    2|1
  • I don't like earrings on guys, they either look gay (no offends) or too much "swag" and gangsterlike on you...

Leave earrings for the girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Short answer: yes
    Confusing short answer: we dont care

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if they wear a feminine napkin with it.

1|1
    1|1
  • I hope not.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very feminine

0|1
    1|0
  • @thevampire_queen

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • Some may most won't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many of them do...

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not decent...

0|1
    1|1
  • Yeah they do. I'm black and Latinas look my way regardless if I wear em or not. I caught one looking at me when I fell asleep and she tried to play it off

0|0
    1|2
    • Lol a racist thumbed me down

• as a guy , I've never been that interested in having an earing to be honest , although I always though tragus piercings were neat but not sure what I'd do with one

0|0
    0|0
  • they seem to! guys look like posers to me, trying to be cool. whatever.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes