Would you consider yourself an optimist, pessimist, or realist?

Would you consider yourself an optimist, pessimist, or realist??

• optimist
  • pessimist
  • realist
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

3773

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't say I'm one or the other fully. I'd say most people are a combination of all 3 depending on their current mood and situation. I'd say I'm in the middle of the optimist and realist glasses

Most Helpful Girl

• a realist even tho i can be pessimist at times

What Guys Said 72

• Kind of 3 of them but mainly realistic lol

• i would probably call myself a 'neutralist'. I tend to look on the bright side when things are going badly, and contemplate the worst that could happen when things are going well.

• I am realist. I see matter as an empty space and the interaction done thanks to repeling forces in EM field (electrons in atoms).
    And I tend to look on reality as it is. And…it's kind of shitty. Thinks in nature are designed to kill you, you wouldn't survive anywhere in the unverse, you'll…you know…die, so…that's kind of sucks.
    Some might say, that there are plenty of nice things too. Sure, they are. Like tech, sleep, and so on. But…what do I do wit them? I'm glad they are here, but when I want to actually do something, I need some problem to solve. For example, how to design architecture of my app. I have no clue! And that's why I'm trying to force myself to work on that. You solve problems, you eliminating bad things: and for that, you need to see them. Be deep in them. To bring better, you must enter the worst.

• Optimist. Positive thoughts, positive vibes, positive actions, positive results.

Of course there will be adversity , but with the above , I believe that I will overcome the inevitable adversity.

Realist doesn't have to be separate from optimistic/pessimistic

• a mix of realist and pessimist

• A realist, definitely. If I can't find a solution with logical thinking though, I try to turn to positive thinking, but I do not always succeed.

• realist

• Realist, but I really don't like being that way.

• Realistic. Every person and thing has positive as well as negative sides. We have to take decisions keeping in mind both the sides keeping in mind our objectives.

• I voted realist but I'm a pessimistic realist

• Looking at the cartoon, all three are right. I'm an optimist

• I like to call myself a realist, but I'm probably a pessimist.

• Realist to a fault

• Realist. We innately seek conflict and realism allows a person to be aptly prepared when it arises. Positive and negative thoughts can turn into wild expectation or self-fulfilling prophesy in their own respects.

• cool question! realist here:)

• Somehow, I always find myself being positive in even the worst situations of events. Somehow 😅.

• A realist.
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
    Trust but verify.
    Make it do or do without.
    And no, I'm not going to do it for you.

:)

• A mixture depending on how I feel and what I am talking about.

• I'm a realist who tries to remain optimistic against increasingly tougher odds. I just look around and its tough.

• I'm rather optimistic

• ITS THE FUCKING JUICE, NOT PISS.

• More optimist. I tend to put a positive spin on everything. To the point where I annoy myself at times... LOL

• Realist but there are days where I am pessimistic and days I am optimistic. It all depends what mood I am in to be honest.

• bit of all of them

• It depends, was the glass last added to or last taken away from?

But yeah I'm a realist lol.

• wow. That's actually a very good way to look at the glass question.

I always claimed, that "half empty" is the more sensible way to look at it, because it's half way to where you have to refill.
      But you are right, when filling a glass... it does make more sense the other way round.

I'm gonna steal that from you.

• I don't get the question. Where's the difference between pessimist and realist? :-P

• Optimist

• I have a healthy dose of cynicism with a touch of optimism and realism.

• Realist mostly

• More from Guys
    42

What Girls Said 36

• I love this picture :)

• It really depends on my mood but I'm never a realist. I'm either extremely pessimistic or the complete opposite.

• I am a realist in life, my views, and everything in between.
    Most people are babies and cannot handle such honesty.
    I always prefer realism because it will help that person know how to improve, regardless if they can "handle it" or not,

• I think I'm a realist, but all my friends describe me as an optimist, so I guess something in between.

• I used to be a pessimist but I'd say neither now (or realist).

• Realist.

• Realist for the most part, with pessimistic tendencies. And I say that with the utmost optimism. :)

• In making decisions I would say a combination of realist and optimist. I would always calculate things but wouldn't also give up without giving a fight especially if I really want something. q

• Opportunistic realist. I call shit as I see it and I turn it into something good for myself.

• realist all the way! i live life day by day. No time for lala land!

• Pessimist!

• realist, I'm an logical

• pessimist cuz I'm lazy and don't wanna do things :P

• When you are drinking glass is half empty. When you are putting water in - the glasd is half full.

• Realist

• depends on the mood haha

• Optimist! 😊😍❤ Always be happy and look on the bright side.. no use of fretting over the issues you can't change so better accept it and choose to smile!😊

• First thing first, I'm a realist.

• I like to think positively, but some things aren't meant to be positive. You need to be realistic with yourself and embrace the following emotions.

• I'm an optimism

• Optimist.

• Is this a trick question?

• I am both a pessimist and a realist.

• Optimist

• Realist always, and it's been working for me. What you don't know can kill you.

• I'm a realist but most would consider that to be pessimism

• Realist

• Optimist.

• Optimist

• More from Girls
    6