Do you use humor as a defense mechanism?

1715

Most Helpful Girl

• I use it for multiple purposes--defense, offense, coping, deflection, distraction, and misdirection... to name a few.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

What Guys Said 14

• Not really, i`m just awkward as fuck and i don`t really talk to the person trying to insult me that much. But the thing about me is that i have lots of great ideas sometimes so i just wait for that person to say something that i can then make a scentence with aka roast the fuck out of them with their own words. I use humor for talking to friends, mostly in real life but i go out rarely so... anyway, back to the point, my answer is no

• Yes and no. There is a part of my sense of humor which comes from the sadness in my life but If I can get you to laugh, you will cheer me up and no longer am I sad.

• Nah, I know my flaws, and i just say stuff like "that's fair" or "yeah pretty much", I'm only a Joke guy when they insult someone else, then I'll whip out my sarcasm belt.

• No. And yes, but most people don't get it. I use sarcasm and irony. I mock stupidity. People think I'm rude asshole. They just don't get the point.

• No, because I'm not funny. I use my 'IDGAF about your entire existence' face as a defensive mechanism.

• Umm I don't know I just like to laugh.

Sure beats awkward silence.

• Learn to stop being insecure, but for the mean time, KEEP IT UP BRO, just deal with the issue

• Yep humor and sarcasm all the time, they make surprisingly sturdy shields.

• Nah my face is enough defense.

• Redirection is my automatic response to a lot

• Show more from Guys
    4