Why do girls want you more if you're taken?

why do girls that first rejected you get jealous if you start dating other girls?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Because having a girlfriend allows you to display your romantic side plus you lose that "single" feeling which makes you more confident and less desperate-ish. And women talk. You can't go around bragging about your good sides but a girl can do it for you. Another thing: you become more approachable because there is no fear of rejection. To me also, it is easier to say something like "John is really lucky to have you" without it being a come on ready to be shot down. You can't express something like that towards someone that is single without risking to be declined.

What Girls Said 2

• This thing called pettiness... Girls don't want you until they know that they can't have you, your noticed now because your girlfriend is showing you off. Almost like in the wild she's showing her dominance and you belong to her, but other predators try to swoop you up.

Also, it's a female reflex, we want what we can't have. It's almost like you guys are a toy that we never play with, but once anther girl picks it up, we suddenly notice/want it.

All I can pretty much say is just be faithful =).

I hope this helps,

xoxo Monae

• I don't. If I rejected a guy it means that I really don't like him. My opinion won't change if he gets a girlfriend.

What Guys Said 6

• I haven't found this to be true.

• It's not the fact that you are taken, it's the fact that you are expressing disinterest. Girls like getting attention. When they can't get it from a guy easily it's a pride thing and a challenge.

• ^^^^ this. You have a girlfriend now, so you don't act like a clingy loser around them.

• they like guys who have been pre-selected by other girls

• Because your girl approved. They want what other girls want and if no girl shows interest in a guy then no girls want him

• I don't found this to be true at all. Most girls will back off.

• Because if other girls like you, that's a seal of approval.

Girls care much more about the opinions of other girls than guys do about the opinions of other guys. That's why girls care much more about fashion trends than guys do.