Guys - I am 16 and have a hairy back?

Okay - first off I have dark hair in general. I am Filipino and Italian. The hair on the top of my head is dark brown, my pubic hair is black (I shave though) and my arms are pretty hairy as well.

Now it's almost bikini season (ugh!) and I am already suffering from moderate body acne, and a f***ing birthmark on my lower back (port wine stain) and I am getting really frustrated because it was nice out and I went outside and looked in the car mirror and noticed on the bottom of my back that I have like a hairy back.

No, it isn't peach fuzz - it is black and its almost the length of my arm hairs...

I have a boyfriend who I've been going out with and I know he won't break up with me after he notices all these things - but dear God help me...

I might never go in a bathing suit again...

I'm a monkey...

At least I have a decent face...

1715

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I almost told you not to get laser, but then I realized that you probably don't want it to grow back, so, that could work.

What I do is shave, my back, my legs, my arms, by pubes, my armpits, and my neck and face. bleh.

But I might reccomend waxing, if the hair is heavy enough to pull out. shaving leaves stubble, and if back hair is gross, back stubble will be creepy.

Yeah, I think birthmarks are cute-- "unique" -- and I really don't know what the fuss is about. Acne products are there, BUT: 1 use rubbing alcohol to treat pimples (get your boyfriend to give you a back massage with alcohol... AFTER you wax). or 2: What I do (facial acne, I've never had anything but a few body pimples here and there) is scratch off the heads (Yes, I know, this leaves scars) and then treat the open wound. You might use salt, or again, alcohol is a good idea.

But anyway, I hope there is an easy solution (for both of us!).

Last thing: We know Nair is iffy, but google "sugaring", or "sugar hair removal" it's a neat Idea that might be worth trying.

What Guys Said 15

• yeah, I mean if you are so stressed about it, well do something about it, if your skin is clear and you got the money, go for laser, if not waxing and mmm I guess you could go for a last minute shave... I mean, just be sure to keep it shaved everyday you are gonna be in bikini, and maybe later get it waxed or lasered :P

• Haha you are also funny which is a plus by the way. I think you can go to your local salon and have them wax your back because in general if you shave it comes back faster than if you wax it.

• There are cosmetic laser surgeries that can remove hair permanently and probably get rid of your back acne at the same time. You have to do more research on it but it could be expensive? If you can't afford it and you really want it taken off then go get it waxed off. Hopefully your boyfriend isn't shallow enough to dump you over that. Good luck

• Have you tried having laser treatment that will help?

• Incinerate it with lasers!

• "I'm a monkey" lmao... little harsh on yourself its only hair, definitely wax it

• Couldn't I just leave it tho...

• If your confident enough with it and your happy to leave it then I don't see y not :) plus if your boyfriends fine with it then again I don't see why if you don't want to wax/shave/lazer it then you shouldn't have to also my sister has the same problem she has very dark hairs too but I don't think people really notice or care anyway I say do what you feel happiest with doing :) also you could give waxing or something a try and if you don't like it then don't do it again :)

• I haven't really asked him about it...

• I'm sorry, but reading this was awesome and I couldn't help but laugh. lol

He won't break up with you, but I dunno, this is way beyond a guy. We're not allowed to even notice these kinds of things, much less give advice on them. Good luck doll

• maybe your some type of werewolf. lol I kid the girl. but I bet its not as bad as you think. plenty of times I would be like man my tapeline is so messed up. its just really your looking closely but no one else is. good luck!

• scotch tape is cheep ...get some girls and have them hold you down...

• Sorry -- are you fishing for sympathy. I don't think you will find too many people who haven't experienced self-loathing at least once in their life -- at least anyone over twelve.

• I was simply asking for advice...

• You know, it's OK to be blunt with guys, girls are sensitive though.

• Don't worry I cut off my left pinkie as penance.

• I love! girls who have hairy arms -SO sexy-NOTHING wrong with that or the back either-tho I CAN see how you think there is-wow we are just OBSESSED with the idea of a hairless girl-now that's abnormal!

• well its seems like your having a hard time with this. Have you ever tried lazer hair remover?

• Wax...

• well, I am a guy, and I admin I use Nair myself. there comes a point when I look at my balls, and the hair is so thick and long you could braid it. its nair time. I would say every 4 months I use nair. and I keep a bottle of DRAINO nearby just in case.

• well let someone shave it or have it waxed or lasered off

What Girls Said 16

• oh god lol

um the birth mark is nothing to fret over. and bacne I mean you are 16. don't worry about that I have friends my age (20) who wear tank tops and stuff even with bacne and guys don't mind that much if you are pretty otherwise.

i never had any real acne problems but I had light acne andeven that annoyed me so I know how it can be frustrating. I hate the site of acne. you can go to your dermatologist for things to treat that though and get rid of it before bikini season comes ! you got a couple months until summer to get it in line girl lol

as far as hair...thats unfortunate. just make an appointment to get it waxed if it really bothers you. done.

• lazer, wax, threading... don't shave, it will come back quicker. Lots of women have these problems. It's because of what society has made us believe is beautiful that we are so drastic and compulsive about hair removal. At the end of the day, you have to love yourself inside and out.

• I know how you feel I'm half Arabic. lol. Though, no one could guess unless I told them. I recently just tried the Sally Hansen Creme Hair Remover Kit. I was really shocked that it actually worked. You just gotta leave it on for the right amount of time. Try it out. You could save up for lazer hair removal. =]

• Don't bring yourself down so much! if your boyfriend would dump you for such a stupid little thing than he's an asshole. All you have to do is shave it off. Forget your birthmark, it probably isn't even that bad! You sound beautiful. Getting hairy is an Italian thing so, it's a little expected to have some hair. But, it should be a really easy problem to fix,just shave!

• i suggest you stock up on food and go hide in a cave. no, but waxing thins hair over time, and you could use nair, or bleach it so as not to be so noticable.

hope I helped.

• Veet or nair! I've always had horrible razorburn and tried every magic, super potion to prevent it. I just discovered this last week or so and it works better than anything and takes off all the hair without any rash. Heed this advice, because it's taken me like 10 years to come to this conclusion.

• You should be proud of your body hair. In most countries, having lots of body hair is cool. I guess it's a big deal in America because during the 1800's a lot of hairless people immigrated and made being hairless the new "standard" of fabulous. Totally lame. If I were a guy, I'd want to have lots of jet black hair all over my body. Hail to the hair!

• it shouldn't be too much of a problem and I'm sure it looks fine if you just noticed it but if its causing you this much grief and making you self concious then I would advise waxing it off or even better go to a lazer hair removal clinique.

• Getting it waxed is probably the best option, or you could bleach the hair to make it less noticable

• it your fine with it just leave it. I sorta have the same problem with my amrs, but there are a lot of girls with that problem, some shave it off, but I leave mine alone, I'm okay with it and there are more girls who have it worst, trust me.

• you could bleach it?

• If the amount of hair seems excessive go to the doctor. Hirsutism is a sign of hormone problems which could be the result of something else like Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome and insulin resistance.

• bleach your hair, wax it, trim it, shave it.

• dont worry..mediteranian types are all the same you aren't alone :)...get a good waxer. usually someone indian, they tend not to judge in my experience

• sally hansen makes a spray on depilitory. kind of like nair except it comes in like a spray can. you might be able to get your back with that. don't worry about your birthmark that's not a big deal

• wax your back