Girls, do you purposely not text back a guy you like just to make him sweat a little?

Like just to see if he sends you another text or w/e his reaction is to you not texting back within lets say the hour. I have a feeling girls do this just to see what happens and to test guys am I wrong? By the way I know 9 times out of 10 they were just busy with something else or didn't hear their phone. I always wait for her to reply before texting her unless I forget to add something in a previous text. I was just curious if you girls play this cruel game ha ha.

80

Most Helpful Girl

• Ha I do it sometimes... I'm known amongst my friends as being the one who'll always text back first. I keep my phone in my pocket and read texts immediately after I get them. With a new guy this can look clingy, and I figure, if he's going to think I'm clingy, he might as well think that when I'm hinging off his leg, not when I'm replying to his texts just like I do to everyone else's. But a new guy isn't going to know this about me, so I wait a little.

What's interesting is when they take ages to reply when you reply within a couple of minutes, but then you leave it an hour or two to reply and they text back instantly. Then you know they were doing the exact same thing and had actually been waiting for your reply so they could text back ;)

What Girls Said 7

• No, never for that reason. If I've been texting all day and I'm tired of it or the conversation is just naturally over, I won't text back, or if I don't really want to talk to the guy, I won't text back. I've never, ever played that game, though. I don't see the point.

• Well, not me personally. If I'm very enthusiastic about someone, I don't like taking chances or risking him feeling rejected.

I know girls that do, however, and it is a test. It doesn't automatically mean they dislike you ... but it says a bit abou their personality.

• I don't if I like you, I'll text you. If I don't reply it's probably one of the reasons you said, or that I don't know how to respond to your text that isn't just 1 word. It's really annoying when the guy sends me the same thing again, I'm like I get it but I don't know what to tell you!

• depends on how much we like him... if we really really like him, we get too excited we reply right away and sometimes we hold back...but I think it shouldn't be like that. reply after you read it if you got time but not playing just to see his reaction why you took forever to reply. but if I'm losing interest, I sometimes don't reply at all because I got nothing to say or reply with one or 2 words saying yea whatever I don't care really.

• I do. hehe...I want to see if he squirms and sends something else.. It's a gauge to me to see how attached to his mind I am. I hate liking someone more than they like me. so I always do it to guys.

• No. But I purposefully don't text a guy I don't like.

• Sometimes :) but sometimes we just don't want to seem to desperate and to needy. Don't sweat it. Like you said 9 out of 10 times we're just busy.

What Guys Said 0