Should I contact my ex to clear the air?

He had a temper and I couldn't be in the relationship, although we loved each other greatly. I was the one to end it. For the most part, we had a good relationship. He couldn't understand why I left as he would take no responsibility for his actions towards me. Thus, the last time we spoke, he was hung up on me in anger.

There's no point going back, nothing has changed. I'm moving on. I just hate leaving us on such a horrible ending. I want to leave it pleasant. I'm leaving the country soon for a few months. Should I text him before I go, just to tell him I have no hard feelings, respect he may still want space and that I want to remember what we had with fond memories. We haven't spoken in about a month, been broken up a little longer,

Is this a bad idea? Thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a bad idea. Leave him well alone.

Just because you want to clear the air, doesn't mean he wants to hear from you.

You've moved on, you've not changed your mind - there's really no point in reaching out to him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• no need to text him

just do what you have to do nothing more!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• He already has anger issues, and he's probably mad/upset because he doesn't understand why you broke it off. I would leave it alone, time heals all wounds right? But if it really bothers you, I would send him a friendly email or text explaining to him how you feel and that you wish him the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't need to contact him. That's just opening up a doorway for the relationship to start up again, unless that's what you want. You calling him to clear the air might put thoughts into his head about all of these possibilities that you know will never happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, so you can really move on from there

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it is a bad idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, bad idea

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes