Should I contact my ex to clear the air?

He had a temper and I couldn't be in the relationship, although we loved each other greatly. I was the one to end it. For the most part, we had a good relationship. He couldn't understand why I left as he would take no responsibility for his actions towards me. Thus, the last time we spoke, he was hung up on me in anger.

There's no point going back, nothing has changed. I'm moving on. I just hate leaving us on such a horrible ending. I want to leave it pleasant. I'm leaving the country soon for a few months. Should I text him before I go, just to tell him I have no hard feelings, respect he may still want space and that I want to remember what we had with fond memories. We haven't spoken in about a month, been broken up a little longer,

Is this a bad idea? Thanks!

52

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a bad idea. Leave him well alone.

Just because you want to clear the air, doesn't mean he wants to hear from you.

You've moved on, you've not changed your mind - there's really no point in reaching out to him.