My girlfriend slapped me! Should I dump her?

So we got into a bit of a heated argument the other day, and by the end of it she was calling me names and then I just blurted out 'shut the f*** up you bitch' and she slapped me afterwards.

Should I dump her for slapping me?

Updates:
Ok, this question was just a test to see if girls really do embrace the double standard that men should be dumped for slapping a woman, but women get to get away with it because they are 'weaker' many of you pass. but still some of you ladies here... smh

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not acceptable for a guy to hit a girl so why should it be OK the other way around? If it was me I would dump her.

1|3
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for best answer

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• well,after what you said...you both have issues,you abused her verbally,she abused you physically. neither of you are really dating material,you both need to grow up,away from each other preferably.

3|0
    1|3
    • is verbal abuse the same as physical?

• Show All
    • nope.

• yep

• She should dump you first for saying that to her. Two wrongs don't make a right. You should take vnw2008's advice.

0|0
    1|0
    • Oh, but its OK for her to slap me for it?

• Show All
    • I'm not taking sides (b/c I don't know the whole situation, ie: both sides of the story). I said she should dump you because that's what I would do. But that doesn't mean that if I had been in her shoes I would've reacted by slapping you.

I have been known to slap a couple guys in my past, but that was long ago when I was young & dumb. It wasn't right what I did nor what she did. You have a good reason to break up with her just as she does.

• ok then. thanks for the clarity

• You're both abusive and should break up to work on yourselves and learn how to handle anger in a relationship.

2|0
    1|0
  • Depends. How much do you have invested in this relationship? What was her response afterwards? For me one slap wouldn't be a total deal breaker but two would. Chances are if she did it once she'd do it again especially if she wasn't apologetic after BUT you both were fighting dirty with name calling. I think it's important to set parameters for fights in a relationship; no hitting below the belt by getting into name calling and hitting, then stick to it. If you guys can't do that then you shouldn't be together.

0|0
    1|0
    • do you think calling her a bitch was worse than her calling me an a**hole?

• No, I think they hold about the same weight in terms of an insult. Bitch may be a bit less, but when combined with "Shut the fuck up" it holds more gravity than something like, "You're an a**hole."

• Sounds like an explosive relationship all together, verbal abuse and physical abuse are both wrong and if you guys can't work things out without such explosiveness then it's probably best for you both to go your own ways before either of you get hurt.

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 7

• If it was just a common open-hand bitch-slap I wouldn't dump her.

But you two need to have an unemotional heart-to-heart talk about fair fighting. Do this with a disinterested referee counselor if necessary. Fair fighting means you must remain civil. Name calling and physical violence cannot become routine in any loving relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I'm surprised she didn't just get up and walk out for you calling her a bitch. On the other hand, neither of you are right in this situation. You've got two choices: 1. You guys make up and fix what you can to save the relationship, or... 2. you guys just don't do anything to resolve the conflict, which, given enough time, will easily kill the relationship. Your choice.

0|0
    0|0
    • do you think calling a woman a bitch is worse than calling a guy an a**hole?

• No, I didn't say one was worse than the other at all.

• Yeah, kick her to the curb. She needs to learn how to behave.

0|0
    0|0
    • do you think calling a woman a bitch is worse than calling a guy an a**hole?

• No.

• I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Women think they are better than guys and that their actions are justified. Women have such an inflated view of themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes