How do women feel about guys who don't use social media?

First off, I'm not asking because I'm insecure, or think I'm weird. I'm not suddenly going to change based upon the answers. It's just that I see so many Facebook/Twitter/Snapchat questions on here that I'm legitimately curious.

I have never once used any of the social media services. I don't have a Facebook account, and I've never even visited sites such as Twitter or Snapchat, or whatever else is out there. It has nothing to do with the technology itself. I work in IT, so I'm more than comfortable with computers and the internet. I've just never had any desire to share my life on any form of social media (GAG is as far as I go, lol).

The thing is, though, that people always look at me like I'm from another planet when I tell them that. It seems to me, though, that social media causes more problems than anything else, even just going by the questions listed here in relation to those sites.

I'm just wondering if women look at guys differently if they abstain from any form of social media, or if it makes no difference at all.

Thoughts?

120

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind that you don't use social media at all, it's great that you have chosen to be different. I think social media is just too addictive and there's not enough face to face contact or interaction nowadays which is just sad.

What Girls Said 11

• No, I only have snapchat and I'm deleting that next week at the start of school so I like it if a guy doesn't have social media either. I like talking to guys on text more anyways

• I think girls like it when guys do have some type of social media I don't really thin they look at that guy diiferently just if a girl likes you she's gonna want to follow you look over your pictures and see who you really are thats all really

• good for you. it shows that you don't just blindly follow the trend. I won't think any less of you because of that.

• Well done you for resisting the menace of social media. I think its fine. Social media is mostly garbage anyway. I used to have a Facebook account but dumped it because I got sick of people sending me unfunny videos that I never watched. Or people I met once, wanting to be my friend... I have no interest in the trivia of other peoples lives, either. I don't care about what they are doing, who they are doing it with, or where they are doing it. I would admire a guy who didn't use social media. It means he has some self-respect!

• I think that guys who don't use social media would make the best boyfriends! I don't use any social media sites, but my long term boyfriend does. it creates a wedge between us for sure. I find myself craving more attention and worrying about him creeping on other girl's photos. I feel like it would be very easy for him to cheat on me using social media, and there's so many promiscuous people online that it must be quite tempting. I feel that people who aren't obsessed with social media are happier in general, and don't view others as easily replaceable resources.

• I'm only on Facebook and I'm bored with it. I just joined to talk to people I wouldn't see much. There's nothing wrong with it.

• I could care less.
    I rather be outside getting some fresh air then isolated in my room on a laptop.

• I don't really care. It only bothers me when I'm trying to show a friend what he looks like when I have a crash on a guy. And sometimes he doesn't have any social media or doesn't post pictures.

• That's cool you don't have to worry your crush talking to other girl liking other girls pictures

• It's makes a Guy more mysterious. And Everyone Loves a Little Mystery so not posting your life or taking selfies daily Is Really admirable.

• *high five* I don't have Facebook either:)

• Haha. *high five back*

What Guys Said 0