Are redheads attractive?

Redheads are often perceived by their stereotypes, like having a strong and fiery temper, being crazy, and a bunch of other stuff too. Do you consciously, or unconsciously do this? I'm no redhead, but by watching game of thrones, I got really curious about it xD Dunno why

And sidequestion: As a fan of game of thrones, and science; is it biologically likely for there to be so many redheads in there? and if so, why are they mostly in the north? Are there any linking to biology, or is it just plain coincidences?

1327

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. But for reasons unknown I like it more when they have brown eyes. I don't know why.

What Guys Said 26

• I really like red-heads!

justlia.com.br/.../cabelo-emmastone-depois.jpg

My childhood crush was a red-head who tied me to a tree with my own jacket and then kissed me after asking me to close my eyes. She also got me a Valentine's present. I really liked her after that, but the boys kept saying, "Don't associate with her! Girls have cooties." So I tried to keep a distance from her but I really liked her a lot. After a year I had to move and never saw her again and regretted never showing that I was interested.

I'm not sure if I always liked red-heads or if she made me like them, maybe a combo of both.

• >> Do you consciously, or unconsciously do this?

No, I wasn't even aware of this stereotype. The girl i was talking about didn't seem to fit though, she was just very forward and aggressive.

>> is it biologically likely for there to be so many redheads in there? and if so, why are they mostly in the north?

Just from what I could pull out of a wiki:

Red hair is the rarest natural hair color in humans. The non-tanning skin associated with red hair may have been advantageous in far-northern climates where sunlight is scarce. Studies by Bodmer and Cavalli-Sforza (1976) hypothesized that lighter skin pigmentation prevents rickets in colder climates by encouraging higher levels of Vitamin D production and also allows the individual to retain heat better than someone with darker skin. [...]

If it's advantageous in northern climates then you'd typically expect to see it occur more frequently there.

• Natural ones yes. I can tell you a lot of women aren't into redheaded guys though. It's only redheaded women that get the attention (if they do).

• www.court-records.net/animationgk/miles-aha(d).gif

Some are, some aren't.

I love the amount of people who are putting them on a pedestal.

White beauty for the win!

• some are, red heads are usually on the opposite ends of the spectrum either unnattractive or like draw jopping gorgoeous lol i don't like the pale ginger red head, if she could look a bit more tan like this omg 10/10
    usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8178509_f520.jpg

• it depends, I've seen some that I find SUPER attractive/beautiful, and some that I've wanted to run from. But I've had that with every haircolor so it truly doesn't matter about the color of the hair, it's the rest of the person that it depends on.

• Yes they are, an older woman I dated was batshit crazy so she fell into the "crazy readhead" stereotype lol. Had nice titties though. ;-)

• molly ringwald and clare daines :)

• Oh yessireeee

• Redheads are the best! As for being crazy... I don't know, maybe?

• Not really. Natural redheads are so pale that it is a turnoff.

• Redheads are attractive because the color red is a very emotional color.
    But no, red hair is a genetic weak side and is likely to get pushed aside by other hair colors, which is a shame.

• Yes, they are!

• I have many-a redhead crushes so yeah they are quite attractive

• I love redheads

• Some guys really like them. They can be hot.

• Not a game of thrones watcher but redheads are my preference.

• I find them attractive

• Yes i like redhead girls or blondes really hair color doesn't matter to me.

• YES! very! Just look at Karren Gillian or Christina Hendricks

• I think redheads are very attractive.

• Yeah. There was one fiery redhead in my class last sem. attractive

• Depends. I don't like someone just because they're redheaded.

• yes they are hot

• yes. and they play well too, just look at blake girffin. i wish we had that guy

• I married a redhead. Not for her red hair, but, yes, I do think she's attractive. Red hair also means low melanin, which means you are better at producing your own vitamin D in low light. Low melanin is a disadvantage in the tropics but a definite advantage in high latitudes.

• Redheads are generally emotionally unstable lol but they are attractive

What Girls Said 12

• But they have no soul

• Nooooo
    Keep the fire crotch away from me

• YES oh my god they are usually so pretty and their hair is gorgeous. My best friend at school as bright red hair and she's so adorable and attractive

• I was a redhead for about a year and it was actually funny to see the different ways people reacted to me. It draws a lot of attention and I think people saw me as more "fun" and confident.

Now I'm a more demure blonde, which is still a confident color but less exuberant :)

• well if redheads mate then they are most likely going to have redheads... So if there were a bunch of say scottish people and they bang a bunch of scottish people you are gonna have lots of red hair.

• They are attractive, I mean we are attractive.

• yes they are

• LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

• All redheads look different. It just depends on their face. The actress that plays Yigrette looks ugly though

• What? Ygritte looks awesome!

• They're beautiful.

• I love red heads! Sooo good looking! <3

• yesssss, I'm Bi and I have a crush on a redhead in my dance class she is hot.