What is your ideal height difference in a relationship?

So I am 5'1 and I might go out with this guy who is 5'11. I'm worried about being so short that it will be embarrassing. I always get mistaken for years younger than what I actually am. What do you guys think about shorter girls?

1227

Most Helpful Guy

• NEVER worry about what other people think about your partner. What matters ultimately is what YOU think. If you are fine being 5-foot-1 and with a guy who is 5-foot-11 and comfortable with you, then fuck everybody else's opinion because, when you get right down to it, the bottom line is that their opinions are irrelevant because they are not in YOUR relationship. Thus, you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't be embarrassed. I'm 5'1 also and always get mistaken for years younger than I am. My boyfriend is 6'3!!! I was worried what people (especially my Mum because she's bitchy lol) would think.

But who cares what other people think if you're happy? Honestly, once I looked past that I loved the height difference. So does he! It makes him feel manly because he can just wrap himself all around me to "protect" me lol. It makes him feel powerful. Also he loves that I have to go on my tip toes for a kiss (and still can't even reach). I need his help to reach the cornflakes box from the top shelf too -.-
    Guys think it's cute because we look all small and fragile to them.

What Guys Said 26

• There's no purpose to wondering if you're too short, because it isn't something you can change one way or the other. All that reflecting on this does is give you something to mull over and become depressed about.

Obviously, it isn't as simple as saying "okay, I'll stop worrying about it then." But whenever the thought gets in your head that you're too short, you can simply let it pass without making it worse by mulling it over.

Trust me, you can waste your whole life worrying about things you can't change. If you want to do something to prepare for a date, try working on something that can actually be changed, like what sort of conversation topics you choose or where you want to have the date. And even then, don't let worrying about that sort of thing rule your thoughts.

• Shorter or same height.

I actually don't mind that much if she's like an inch taller, thought most women won't. Not to mention, women count heel inch size. lol

I wonder if people are more self conscious about what society thinks or if its really some kind of dominance thing

• I'm 5"3, but I've seen the cutest girls who are much shorter than I am. It would be very interesting do date a short girl, since they're so damn cute to be much shorter than me, and I'm pretty short myself 😂

• 3"< 8" shorter... I notice that the girls I'm attracted to, I can easily kiss them the forehead. Her head falls in the area from my chest/collar bone to side of my face/ neck.

• I don't know...
    I think it would be hot to have a girl who is close to being the same height as me (5'9), but I also think it would be hot to have a short girlfriend (5'2/5'3).

They both have their appeal.

• Short girls so hot. Red hot! Best a guy can get. My sister is 5' 1" and is 22. She still gets ID'd as if she was under 18.

• Good to know I guess haha

• I guess it's not too bad then

• I think for most guys, height difference isn't really an issue. The only time I can imagine is when a short guy is with a tall girl. if they're both happy with it, it's fine.

There are a few more important things!

• I don't have an ideal height in mind. My late wife was 6'1". I'm 6'4" and have dated women as short as 4'11". To me, height is a non-issue.

• I am 5'11" and given that my preferred range is 4'11" to 5'3", you're smack in the middle.

I also date as young as you, so being your age and able to be mistaken for younger REALLY pisses off old hags my age, which always makes me and whichever shorty I'm with smile.

• I don't think that there's such thing. If you really like someone height won't matter.

• Girlfriend is 5'11 and I'm 6'1. I like it but not when she wears heels Lmaoo

• 1 foot.

• I love a smaller woman that wants to just be I'm my chest, arms. Women that are 6'1 & taller than me kind of turn me off but I have been attracted to them before because there's a lot of hot volleyball / basketball players at the gym

• I am exactly 6ft tall and I fell for a girl who was around 4ft8, (deffinitely under 5ft for sure). She was mexican and super cute. I personally like girls around 5ft tall, however i currently fancy my uni flatmate who is around 5ft9, (who is such a beautiful soul, i love her </3)

So yh, if im 6ft and got with a 4ft8 girl, then your difference is not that bad.

• Really i have no height preference in a girl whom I'd be dating she could 4'9" to 6'0" + If i had a height preference.

• I am 6'2" and prefer girls 5'5" or less

• I like girls who are shorter than me and if you are going out with him he definitely likes it too

• Well if she isn't 6 foot tall I don't mind me being 5'10

• im 6'3" i like a girl who is at least four inches shorter

• Generally thats what us guys are mord instinctively attracted to. A shorter girl who uaullay has more curve indicating good hormone balance for pregnancy. It also has connections with smaller henceneeding protection from our tribesman ancestors

• Height does not matter as long as she does not have flat chest nor look like a man.

• Height doesn't really matter to me.

• I don't care. As long as the girl is shorter or same then I'm fine.

• i prefer girls JUST under me

• I don't know why so many girls get so concerned about their height... I'm a 6'3" guy and recently asked out a girl who is 4'10". Honestly, I think her short stature is a bit unique, and I like that.

My grandfather is 6'7" and he's been married to my 4'11" grandmother for over fifty years. Honestly, I don't think guys are that picky about a girl's height.

• Love it. Not a requirement but I like it a lot.

• Height wise I don't really care as long as she isn't noticeably taller than I am.

What Girls Said 11

• I am 5'2" and like dating guys at least 6' tall.

My girlfriend, Heather is 5'4" tall and her hubby is 6'6" tall. They have 4 kids now.

Who cares if peeps think you are younger than you are? All that matters is your boyfriend loves you and you love him.

• My fiance is 13 inches taller than me.

• 20 cm
    Im 5'6" and ideal height for him would be 6'2 or so.
    But 6'0 up. to 6'4" is perfect

• The guy to be taller than me, 6'0

• I'm 5"2 and my boyfriend is 6"2'.. he loves short women.

• Im 5'3 and I would prefer my guy to be 5'7 or taller.

• I'm 5'7 and my ideal for him would probably be 5'9

• 10-15cm guy longer

• Ideally we'd me within 5 inches of eachother (4over, 1 under) but it doesn't always end up like that my husband is 1ft, 1 in taller... it took time to get used to it and it was awkward at first but ti works and now he doesn't even seem all that tall to me anymore ('m 5'3" and he is 6'4").

• I am 4' 11" I've dated men 6' and my current boyfriend is 5' 9".

• I'm 5'3 and my boyfriend is 6ft. I don't feel self- conscious and neither does he