Guys, Do guys care about how a girl eats on a date?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I care. First, if she has disgusting table habits that is a turnoff. I think that's probably true for guys and girls. And yes, if she stuffs her face like a pig and eats like she hasn't had a meal in two weeks that's a turnoff too. You can't have both of us doing that at the same time!

Finally if she eats more than I do, that's a turnoff. Makes me think she's going to be fat in the future if we get together. I like a girl to have some manners and not look like she is trying out for a spot on a Major League Eating team. Lastly, I like to see that she is about me and the date, not just about eating. Doesn't everyone like that? If she is more interested in the food than me, that's a problem.

• How much food would you consider too much for a girl to eat on a date?

• I always offer to pay for myself anyways its the eating fast i'm worried about but thanks for the advice. :) :)

• Just make a conscious effort to slow down a little. Remember it's about the date, not the eating. If you eat too fast it comes off as being nervous. That's not so terrible, but not great either. Stop and smell the coffee! :)

What Guys Said 40

• Im fucking African, if im gonna take a girl out (or cook for her) ... bitch better fucking eat. I dont remember the last time that I've seen some girl nibble food just because i was in the vicinity and
    a) i didn't cuss her fucking ass out
    b) did the same shit again... booted that to the curb.

we are guys... we love to feed a girl we like... its a paternal thing... so if she doesn't eat... its like a subtle "fuck you"... and thats not very nice.

• Not really
    Unless there is some seduction involved.
    Hhhhhhhh

XD of she is u know... overdoing it with the straw or the ice cream. Etc..

Yes it does matter a lot coz I will wish that restaurants have table clothes to cover me and my boner... cough pants.

• Not really. I'd rather that she have something she really wants. A date's supposed to be fun, so don't eat some lame salad that you don't want and then order a pizza after you get home.

• To some extent, perhaps. If she eats by diving her face into her plate and then comes back up with food all over her face and in her hair, I might not want to kiss her and might steer clear of a second date.

• I would say, within reasonable limits, "no". However, if it starts to get like this:
      cdn.babyresource.com/.../...han-any-other-time.jpg

I start to get worried.

• If she doesn't know the most intricate utensil etiquette like, when presented with three forks, which one is the salad/fish/meat fork, I don't mind at all. I don't really know that either.

• As long as she does not eat like a complete slob. I'm good a lot of my female friends do have thier dainty way of eating and thier no attractive guys around way of eating.

• If she suggests McDonalds when I thought we were going somewhere nice. . . I'll think I've found a keeper

• I once dated a girl who used to clank her silverware against her teeth whenever she took a bite of something. Irritating but not a deal breaker.

• No. I mean if she orders the four most expensive meals, and stuffs three in to-go bags to bring home to her actual boyfriend (a little hyperbolic, but it did happen once that I, unknown until later, bought a $24 dinner for someone's abusive boyfriend), then that should ring a few bells, but if she just likes to eat then what the fuck do I care.

• I like her to not use hands and just put her face into the plate and make a joke about it.
    I would be laughing so hard. :)
    I would really like her more and think she is a fun girl.

• Yes, I care. I want to see her eat without feeling bad about it.

• Nope.

• The only thing I care about is that she eats and that she has manners.

• Don't care, as long as she's hot. She can eat like a pig at a trough as long as she doesn't look like one.

• Yes. I expect her to have manners just as she expects me to have manners. I don't want to date a pig. This goes beyond just the first date. This goes for all the times. As far as what she eats or how much? I don't care.

• yeah, if she orders too much, too much expensive food, or if she eat like animals.

Order simple stuff on earlier dates and also be mindful about table manners

• No , i want a girl to eat the way she's comfortable doing so when on a date.

• I look at her table manners, her etiquette and how she treats the staff working there.

• nope not at all, unless she orders more then enough and leaves me to pay for it all

• nope, she can be as much of a pig as me lol

• I want her to eat as much as me tbh

• Is there some new method of eating that I'm not aware of? I mostly just shove food into my mouth, chew then swallow. What do you do?

• well if the girl has table manners.. then it is definitely impressive... it shows that she is classy...

• She should only order a salad and a glass of water on the first date

• never, be yourself around me, then and only then will i be able to tell my feelings

• As long as she won't grab my food or throw hers around, I usually won't.

• No not really

• On a first date don't be a slob stuffing your face, burping, getting food everywhere

• I never my date eat the wrong way.

• I guess, as long as she doesn't munch like a horse. lol

• More from Guys
    10